• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Restore from Download / Access

I like the automatic backups done with each change and that they go back a bit. They are easy to use and work great. I have also downloaded onto my computer the latest backup. I want to know how I'd restore my website from the downloaded backup instead of the one click solution at the website manager page. 

Also, there appears to be two delegations, full (which I have) and one where the delegate only lacks access to my credit card info and more general account stuff. Is there any other way to limit what is accessible to someone besides myself, the site owner, beyond the slight limits a delegate has? Just wondering.

I want others in a project I'm in to have access but just in case someone gets their log in I can know that the unexpected guest can'd go in and fiddle with things. It seems beyond personal data, nothing is really off limits for the Delegate. Again, this is for a Go Daddy hosted website, for the domain I own on Go Daddy.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Restore from Download / Access

@massfloyd 

I honestly don't see a way to download or upload a backup in my version of GoCentral. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place for that, so I'll let someone else answer that if they know. I only know how to do the standard restored through the platform itself.

As to your other question, yes, those are the only two options for account delegation at the moment. Adding users specifically to the GC product itself isn't possible as of yet. So, you have to give access to your account with one of those two options for them to be able to work on the site as well.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

I'll second that GoCentral does not have the option to export or import backups.  Could you possibly be using WordPress?

If you are using WordPress you can add users within the application to help you manage it (just access to the WordPress, not your GoDaddy account).  There's even plugins to help you fine tune their level of access.

I also wanted to add clarification for Delegate Access.  None of the tiers would have access to your credit card number or account information.  Those you grant access would be able to manage most of your GoDaddy products, the top tier can make purchases in your account using the credit card you've selected on file.  These are the only options with GoCentral as it doesn't have a separate level of access at this time.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/delegate-access-levels-of-permission-12374?

Thanks for the responses @MrVapor and @Nate. So it sounds like delegates are 99% & 98% what I have as the owner. That's just too much control and it goes beyond just view or make small changes to the page.

It's not WordPress. I bought the domain from GoDaddy. I pay for the base level web builder so GoDaddy hosts the page. It's nice you can download backups but honestly what good is it if you can't restore it.

If for some reason my site gets hacked, and they delete old backups there, my having downloaded the latest version of the full page is apparently moot. So why even bother? 

GoDaddy, should, no must create a simple drop down option when you click restore. On line or upload. How complicated would that be? This means the backup is truly safe and restorable no matter what.

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Yes, the intention with Delegate Access is to allow a web developer to manage your GoDaddy products without your password and access to your account information.  They would have access to the "My Products" tab, but not the "Account Settings" tab.  So it would be important to only grant this to someone who you would trust with this level of access.

GoCentral is meant to be a simple do-it-yourself solution to just add your own content to pre-designed themes.  It's really not set-up for multiple authors and is limited as far as advanced features.  If this is important you may want to look into WordPress to see if it'll fit your needs, as it was built around multi-user access.

I am still not sure which backup you're referring to because as far as I am aware export/import has never been available in GoCentral.