• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Running into issues with file size limits with Website Builder

I am using Website Builder. We are a Historical Society.

We are going to be uploading several large PDF files and photos.

I have tried to upload 2 PDF files, one is 28585KB and the other is 24903KB. I do not get any error messages when I upload them. So I think everything is OK.

I then link them to their key word everything is fine.

When I test it in preview mode only 1 page out of 40 shows up on both documents.

So, there is obviously a upload issue here. I event published it to see if it was just something in the preview mode. Nope. I only get 1 page when published.

Show do I get around this problem? What do we need to do to be able to have these big documents on our website?

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: File size limits

I am not completely sure about the filesize for GoCentral uploads but a 40 page file might be a bit much @TwinsburgHS? Have you tried optimizing your PDF files for the web? Perhaps you can host files using a outside repository?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Solution

Re: File size limits

Found out that how the file was scanned in as a PDF was not done totally correctly. I compressed the file with Ilovepdf.com website and now everything works fine.

Bob