• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

SEO Problems-Headline

I am having problems with the SEO feature. On pages other than my home page, it keeps telling me I have no headline. I DO have headlines on my page but I cannot seem to get past this annoying section of the SEO. I add the correct terms in my headline, but it tells me I have no headline, to add a headline and try again. Please Help!!

63 REPLIES 63
    Employee
    Employee

Re: SEO Problems-Headline

Hello @Digitell!

Thank you for posting! Is it saying you have no headline or that your headline doesn't include key words? I'd recommend reaching out to our support team on this, if you haven't already. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper I

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your reply. I have been trying to upload a screenshot image to this reply but it wont let me. It just keeps on with the dots like it is thinking........and the "Done" button is greyed out.

SO..guess I will try to give support a call.

Thank you.

Christine

I have the exact same problem!  It says that page has no headline and that I need to add a headline and try again....No place do I see a way to add a headline to a page!  This must be some sort of html code error or something a dev r lower needs to fix?    It's driving me nuts now for two days!  

Did you figure out what the problem is or how to it it?  I would love to get this problem solved! 

Thank you

Same problem here, it's very aggravating! I just skipped it out of frustration.

Same thing is happening to me!  I called Tech Support and they told me,  "there is only supposed to be a headline on the home page".  She told me "just click through it, you don't need it!"  WHAT?????  When I argued the issue, that a headline is needed to increas rank, she just blew me off, making excuses for the website builder being easy to use.

Soooooo, their SEO package that they sold us is virtually useless!

New

Same thing is happening to me.  It's frustrating.  I guess the problem hasn't been corrected yet.....

New

I am new to Go Daddy and I have the same problems as others have posted here.  At this point I am trying to decide if I want to host with Go Daddy or another provider.  So, I really need to to know if there is a solution to the SEO Headline issue.  Thanks.

I too am having the same problems with SEO!!  Why have an SEO tool, when the Website Builder Doesn't allow a Headline on  each page???  Anyone had any answers yet??

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @lukenicolle@Digitell@bsluss@emuoil@DogCollarLady,

Just wanted to let you know that our GoCentral team will be answering questions tomorrow, Tuesday, July 20th in our GoCentral "AMA" Ask me Anything between 11-12 pm PT in this thread https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/quot-AMA-quot-With-GoCentral-Team-On-quo.... If you can't join, please feel free to post a question beforehand for them to answer. Thanks!

Rachel

New

I am having the headline problem as well Just wondering what solutions was giving to work through this.

RIGHT...it doesnt work because your not really getting any SEO...the headline issue is there to 'break' the service so to speak...but one way to find out if the seo wizard works is to measure results and see if you increase in rankings without purchasing any more marketing aids like; ppc, social media, anything promotional other than this godaddy seo wizard....i think they are just using it to extract another $4 out of you...sort of 'nickel & diming' you to death so to speak

New

I am also having the save problem with the SEO- Headline,

has anyone figured out this issue or received a answer from go daddy ?

Tonight was the first time the S.E.O. had me put a header on my store even though it was already there.  They were working on an update to give us the header. Hopefully, this will help me improve my SEO. I wish they would integrate a better SEO program like Yoast into GoCentral like on a WordPress site I am trying to build.

Best Regards 

Bill

New

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one finding this a real challenge! I spent nearly an hour last night using the chat facility to speak to a Go Daddy advisor. It was a waste of time. They were polite but didn't understand the issue - which is exactly as described in this post and the many replies. I had to send a screenshot and keep explaining the problem but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to overcome this would be very gratefully received!

New

SEO Problems-Headline

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one finding this a real challenge! I spent nearly an hour last night using the chat facility to speak to a Go Daddy advisor. It was a waste of time. They were polite but didn't understand the issue - which is exactly as described in this post and the many replies. I had to send a screenshot and keep explaining the problem but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to overcome this would be very gratefully received!

Helper II

It's not a problem with the SEO tool but with the builder itself. GoCentral was originally a one-page site builder when it first came out, and the additional pages just share the header from the first page. They already know about the problem and plan to fix it soon, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

--The largest litter of kittens produced was 19 kittens. - Cat Fact # 77--

I'm having this exact problem trying to set up the search engine visibility feature. I tried adding H1 tags in the advanced section but it just puts the words on the website and it looks ugly.

Hi All, 

Have they given the solution to the SEO optimisation? I too am unable to set it up.  

I think everyone is having the same issue and Godaddy Support does not know how to address it. I decided to recreate my website using GoCentral because it was recommended to me by GoDaddy and my old website was built in Front Page. At least with my old website I was getting traffic. With GoCentral the Website has been up for 3 months and still no traffic. I have submitted backlinks almost daily and have been hammering social media with no results. Today I used a website checking tool and found that it says that there are no keywords. I have my keyword phrase in the Header, the Header Paragraph and the Header Title but it says that it does not exist. It is starting to look like all those commercials that they are running about GoCentral are a Lie. The support person that I talked to tonight recommended that I call and talk to the SEO support group tomorrow. Mean while I have no way of getting any new customers via my website so it sounds like it was a huge waste of money because there is no way to get any rankings.

This is not good news for me to read as I just started trying to implement the SEO yesterday.  I have spent way too much time and getting no where.  The keywords end up adding to an already great web site and taking away from the aesthetics of it. 

I gave up many weeks ago and never renewed my membership. A big waste of time. I'm glad I never paid after the free trial.
    Helper V

Any results from the SEO support group in October?

New

No help at all.  No response.  Nothing.  I am disappointed with Go Daddy.

Helper V

Thank you for responding. That's very discouraging. I called GoDaddy and asked about this. I was told by a rep he knows several people with live sites that are getting hits perfectly fine, running a great business, yada, yada, yada, and that this wouldn't be the case if this issue existed. He said he'd never gotten any calls on it and never heard about it around the office. I explained to him that it is being discussed on the forum and that people have tested it out and it's still an ongoing issue. He basically dismissed me on the matter.

I have had this issue since 2014 when I first started my website on GoDaddy. Tonight I am updating some pages and it STILL tells me I have no headline even though I clearly do, AND I am using my keywords. Today is 2/2/18 so this thread has been going on for some time. GoDaddy's customer support is WORTHLESS and I don't believe that a solution exists to fix this issue. I will NOT be renewing my SEO anymore.

New

Yes, it'seems March 2018 I'm experiencing this issue. I suppose it will never be fixed then eithere. I win'the be renewing for this as well. I guess I wasted 9 bucks and change CAD.

I would have renewed, but since this issue hasn't been fixed, and there has been no response from the company, I would not recommend this service to anyone. This was a big waste of time and money. And they keep asking me to renew! Ha...

It appears that nothing has changed!

I'm having the exact same problem with v7.

The feature is in GoCentral, but don't Go there - it's awful compared to v7. I tried it and asked for a refund - fortunately for me I never published it. GoCentral is nothing more than a few basic and hugely restricted templates. So now I'm finding after upgrading my v7, the headline is "not found". Hugely frustrating.

Edit: I got it to work! On my home page, I changed the first line of text in the first paragraph to Heading 1, then changed the rest of the text to a paragraph. Ran the SEO again and it recognized that header. Go figure.... I had the title of my page as Heading 1 also, but it didn't recognize it as a headline. I guess "headline" means the first sentence in a paragraph?? 

The only reason I found this is because when I optimized another page, that page I had formatted with the first line as Heading 1 and it was recognized.

Sure would be nice if tech support could share that information instead of someone like me stumbling around and finding the solution.

At any rate, try it, see if it works for you... <cross fingers>

I am very glad that it worked for you, no thanks to Go Daddy. It's a shame that they have let this go for so long without a fix. Thank you for solving the issue, I for one am so disgusted with them that I will not be renewing. They keep sending me a 35% discount code, but when I went to use it I was told that it is not for renewals. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot! Now for sure I am not renewing. Thanks again Maloha401, you did great.
    Employee
    Employee

Hi

Nissim here from GoDaddy.

I understand that this issue can be frustrating, my apologies for it.
    We are actively working to fix this shortly and I'll post an update once our team solves it.

Stay tuned.

Hi @nissim,

How is the fix going? I am stuck with SEO at this exact spot. From reading above it seems that either SEO or Website Builder is not working. I will need to delete one of these services if it's not fixed soon. Thanks!

It is still not fixed.  I am trying my hardest and it just will not work.

Employee
    Employee

Hi

we're close, and I believe that by mid next week we should have the fix live.

@nissim

No headline section was found. Make sure you have a headline on your page and try again. IT IS STILL HAPPENING !

What happened to the fix by "mid next week"???? that was 4 weeks ago?? 

And they've known about it for over a year

New

Please let me know when the Headline issue gets resolved.

New

FRUSTRATING. It's 2018 and I too have the same annoying problem. So it is my understanding that I am paying for something I am not getting since that was "included" in my plan but reading the reviews here that problem has not been solved

Add "Headline" into the main picture and the problem is resolved. Annoying as I did not want WORDS all over my main page picture. This DOES fix the issue though.

If you used one of their templates (instead of custom page) you can't add a keyword to the page.  In order to allow keyword search they want $240 per month!!  Just found this out a few minutes ago and am going to look into other webhosting sites when my time is up with GoDaddy. 

New

Adding headline in the main Header helped me as well. 

Hopefully, GoDaddy will work on the Header optimization giving more style choices and allowing to adjust the "space" between pages and such. 

Hello,

It took me a bit but I figured out how to add the headline.  It is under the Section Header on the Home Page.  Click on Header and scroll down a bit and you will see Headline.  I added a blurb in mine and saved it.  See the image below.  Once I added that I was able to move on and get it fully optimized.   I hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 8.55.30 PM.png

Where do I find the Section Header on the Home Page shown in the screen shot??? Thx

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @erictogneri,

There's a ton of information in our Help section on using GoCentral. Here's one article on adding sections https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-section-20119. You can find out a lot more info by going to all of the articles on GoCentral/Website Builder. Take care and all the best!

Rachel

@ maloni401 - Your solution worked for me!!  So simple and could be explained better on GoDaddy's website.  Thank you for sharing 🙂

This post is non-functional.  It "rolls over" into another page that is non-related.

Don't waste your time like me.

The problem with inserting KEYWORDS is that the GoDaddy code for posting into the web page is NON-EXISTANT and/or BROKEN. Nobody at GoDaddy knows when it will be fixed - if ever. You will unlimately be referred to GoDaddy SEO sales. They will want you "first-born" as the down payment.

I was quoted $2,999.00 per year, plus other miscellaneous fees. Looks like "Bait-and-switch". I'm going to contact the Arizona Attorney Generals Office inPhoenix, AZ, and file a complaint. I live in Arizona.

Without code to insert keywords, the site will NEVER be noticed by search engines. On the up side, $2,999 will solve the problem for a year.

Jack

It's 5 days after the post - no search words.

Still nothing done.  The site is STILL not discoverable. When will you fix this? 

When I send you the $3,000 extorsion fee?

Why do you advertise this? The program used to build the page does NOT work.

Yet you still sell it? And make money off it?

What is wrong with your coders? Incompetent? Lazy?

What is wrong with your management team? Do you even have a management team?

Are they lazy? Stupid? Being paid off?

Fix the thing!

Hi Jack,

Yeah, I never renewed my subscription, and don't plan to. Good to hear that you are going to file a complaint.