cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper III

SEV v1 problem with duplicate page - need help

Hey guys,

Firstly, this wrong, "Your content was last auto-saved at 02:35 AM", I was asleep at this time, but it's now 10:36 in my country!  Anyway, I have a little problem. In my Search Engine Visibility v1 software on the site, it is telling me that I have two domain names that are using the same description and title tag and the problems arises when I look at the problem:

forGoDaddy.gif

Can you help me in getting it sorted so I can have 100% brilliance on this software!!

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @damouk23,

The program will recognize whether you have the website builder in the account or are hosting remotely. Because it's offering you a Website Builder purchase, I'm guessing you don't have that product for hosting. If you're hosting at another provider, or have a shared hosting plan with GoDaddy, you'll want to choose the option for downloading the tags.

Next, you'll need to insert the resulting .txt file on your website pages.

To Add Search Engine Visibility Tags To the HTML of Your Website

1. Open a text editing program, such as Notepad.
    2. Log in to the Web hosting account provided to you by your hosting provider.
    3. In the text editor, open the .html file of the Web page you want to add the Search Engine Visibility Tags to.
    4. In the "head" portion of the file, insert the Search Engine Visibility Tags.
    5. Save the file.
    6. Upload the Web page to the server.

Note: Visit your website to verify the meta content uploaded correctly. Navigate to the page you updated, right-click on the page, and then select View Page Source in Firefox®, or View Page in Internet Explorer®. If placed properly, the meta content displays in the portion of the code.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @damouk23,

Welcome to the Community!

You should be able to go into the SEV dashboard to resolve this conflict. Once you click "Manage" next to the SEV listing in your Products page, it will take you to the dashboard. If "SEO Checklist" is not the page showing, make sure to click the tab at the top left to access it. (Your checklist should show you any needed actions.) 

There is a category for unique Page Tags that you can click for more information, and the option to "Fix Now" on the two errors you're showing from your post. 

I've done what you've said, @TLH, but it then comes up with this:

forGoDaddy.gif

And then when I click on Publish All Pages, I get this:

forGoDaddy2.gif

So, what is happening?

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

Hi @damouk23,

The program will recognize whether you have the website builder in the account or are hosting remotely. Because it's offering you a Website Builder purchase, I'm guessing you don't have that product for hosting. If you're hosting at another provider, or have a shared hosting plan with GoDaddy, you'll want to choose the option for downloading the tags.

Next, you'll need to insert the resulting .txt file on your website pages.

To Add Search Engine Visibility Tags To the HTML of Your Website

1. Open a text editing program, such as Notepad.
    2. Log in to the Web hosting account provided to you by your hosting provider.
    3. In the text editor, open the .html file of the Web page you want to add the Search Engine Visibility Tags to.
    4. In the "head" portion of the file, insert the Search Engine Visibility Tags.
    5. Save the file.
    6. Upload the Web page to the server.

Note: Visit your website to verify the meta content uploaded correctly. Navigate to the page you updated, right-click on the page, and then select View Page Source in Firefox®, or View Page in Internet Explorer®. If placed properly, the meta content displays in the portion of the code.

View solution in original post