• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

SSL on main WIX domain

I want SSL on my godaddy doman hosted by WIX. I haven't found anything that tells me how. I tried this https://www.godaddy.com/help/windows-generate-csr-for-code-or-driver-signing-certificate-7282 but it errors when I get to 

1. Ensure the Request format is PKCS #10, and then click Next

it reloads after "next". nothing happens.

I thought the process was simple but I guess not, now I cannot do it and there's no online support for godaddy (I am overseas!! I cannot call you guys!!!) I need email or chat support like now. I am running windows 8. I don't have a server. can someone please dumb this down for me? And yes I have no idea what the hell I am talking about, please explain! thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper III
    Helper III

Re: SSL on main domain

I don't think those instructions are what you want.  The link you provided is for generating a code signing certificate, which is used to validate that a piece of software was written by a trusted entity.

Although similar in many ways, web server SSL certificates are a bit different.  If your domain is hosted on WIX, they will most likely have to help you generate an SSL certificate on their platform.  It is possible they do not support that, however.

I've searched their support, and have an article stating SSL certificates are not currently supported, although I'm not sure how recent it is.

https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/request-adding-an-ssl-certificate-https-to-your-site

Hope this helps you!

Thanks for the reply. Well shoot, what do I do now? If they cannot support it can I get a refund please?

I know it's not your fault, but really, I've never heard of this before, I might have to consider changing from wix then! they suck.

Please can you refund my account?

Helper III
    Helper III

It certainly does seem like poor policy on their part to not allow you to have an SSL certificate.  Unfortunately, I'm not an employee of GoDaddy, and thus am unable to give you a refund.  I'm "just this guy, you know?"  Seriously though, I would imagine if it's a relatively short time after you've purchased it, they would happily give you a refund if you call them.

Often employees of GoDaddy can be found lurking around various areas of the forum, but whether or not they are able to give you a refund based upon a post here is knowledge I do not posses.  It would probably be best just to give them a call.

I do hope you are able to get a refund for your purchase.  Best of luck!

Hey @clivedawnju,

Because this is a public discussion forum, no one here is going to have access to your account details to assist with a refund request. But @jvanderb is correct, if the SSL was recently purchased and can't be requested/issued towards the domain name you have hosted at WIX, our live support team should be more than happy to help you get a refund/credit applied to your recent purchase once it's been canceled.

Give our support a call (if you haven't already) so they can help get you taken care of. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you @jvanderb and @CG I am overseas so I will try and call on Tuesday (cannot call from my mobile).

I hope they can help me.

Thank you both ❤️