• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Selling Digital Downloads (i.e. pdfs, zip files, etc.)

Is it possible to sell digital downloads through GoDaddy's Website Builder? If so, how would I set it up and what are it's functionality? Are there any tutorials that can be shared? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Selling Digital Downloads (i.e. pdfs, zip files, etc.)

Hey there @JGA,

Thanks for posting. GoCentral doesn't have the ability to set up downloadable products, but that is a great suggestion and will pass it along. You do have the option of allowing your visitors to download files for free, take a look at this article.

If you need the ability to sell downloadable products, I suggest our Managed WordPress. WordPress has the ability to install WooCommerce,  which gives you the ability to sell digital downloads. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I second this suggestion.  I really miss the ability to sell digital downloads, since I switched over to GoCentral.

New

When will GoDaddy add the ability to sell digital products for download?  Without this feature, I'll have to recommend another development path for my clients.  It's a shame because your WebSite builder has great features and is so much easier than WordPress.

Lisi,

Has this been addressed in the website builder store yet? I'd like the ability to sell digital downloads of audio files such as teaching and music and can't figure out how to do this. If this isn't an option why is this not available? How can musicians sell their music directly from the store without having to go to a managed wordpress site? I left wordpress to use this builder because wordpress was not user friendly for me. The ability to sell access to a dropbox link or private vimeo video would be excellent. Any help would be so welcome.

Solution

I posted about this already but if you would like to sell digital downloads and charge for it on GoDaddy GoCentral, you can't do this natively.

However, I have written a tutorial on how to do this here with screenshots: Sell Digital Downloads on GoCentral.

Essentially, you will need to use an external service to upload your files and get a buy link or button that you can embed into your GoCentral site. I have shown how to do all of this in the above tutorial using Payhip.

Let me know if anyone wants me to do a video tutorial too?

I signed up with PayHip, but none of the integrations with the code you provided to embed into a ghost central site match the theme or colors of the site. How can this be changed or rectified? Otherwise I do not see this as a viable solution or workaround for a go central site .

Garett creditsecretsexposed.com