• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Selling Digital downloads on Go Central

Hi -

I am wondering if and when Go Central will allow for digital download sales. I have a Go Central plan and want to sell audio meditations and videos of my yoga flows through the website. Currently, I have to link to third party accounts: vimeo and Etsy, but this is time consuming & not user friendly to monitor three different platforms, plus their themes don't match my website, so it doesn't flow well from a design standpoint. I do not want to have to move away from GD, but if I cannot sell my digital files, this is a big problem. If someone has a solution, would love to hear it. 

57 REPLIES 57
    Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: Selling Digital downloads on Go Central

Hi @mothermoon, welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

As far as I know, you can't do that automatically with GoCentral.

If you want my advice, you should go with a WordPress site. There are a lot of plugins that allow you to sell digital products in an automated way.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
    And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy

Hey There,

I also need the ability to digitally deliver files after selling my process documents through my GoDaddy website. I also have Go Central. I'm just getting started by when a customer purchases my product, I'll have to email them the compressed files. Is there a way through my current site that I can automatically send the files when a purchase is made? I'm not super excited about redoing my site with WordPress and I'm not familiar with plug ins, etc.

My site is FreeCollegeKnowledge.com

Thanks

Sean 

Hi I'm interested in your go central website builder.. I was looking through your other features such as selling my music. However, I see that you collect a 2.9% fee plus .30 fee off every sell.. I was trying to sell individual songs at .49 each but with that I will only clear .16 per sell because you take .33 from each sell.. just trying to see if it's feasible to set up this website..

There are many people who don't want to use Word Press - it's too complicated and we don't have the funds to have GoDaddy build a site.  Therefore we need a user friendly site like Go Central that has the capabilities of selling downloadable products including 30 minute plus videos on our store and a blog. Is this feasible yet?  ThanksSmiley Happy 

I want to sell digital downloads as well. Is there any news on this matter as of today?

This is very important to me and my business. If not, what is the best and quick option for me to go to?

I've had my site with Godaddy for several years (great customer service) but have started building a site with Wix because they have digital downloads of videos and audio and a blog which my current site does not offer. So you might want to check that out. It's easy to build with Wix also.  Some people have suggested Word Press, but that's difficult if you don't have the knowledge. 

Sadly not offering digital product sales is a deal breaker for me. I use GoDaddy for all of our domain and email needs and it would be nice if they could’ve hosted our site too.
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern. We do acknowledge that there is a growing need to support digital downloads from within online store and we are actively looking at possible solutions to support our customers. We'll share the details, as soon as we finalize our approach. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, Online stores

Helper V

@mothermoon I found where you can provide downloadable files. But it looks like you are providing them without being able to charge for them. Here's the link:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-downloadable-files-24747

Still need to be able to charge for downloadable files and wonder why Go Daddy doesn't offer this yet?

Helper V

@Healthwise and @mothermoon  Although this is not a solution, as a temporary or stopgap measure, you could add up to 3 PayPal buttons for 3 products if you don't have the store. Here's how to do that:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-paypal-button-for-donations-or-single-items-26814

Solution

If you would like to sell digital downloads and charge for it on GoDaddy GoCentral, I have written a tutorial on how to do this here with screenshots: Sell Digital Downloads on GoCentral.

Essentially, you will need to use an external service to upload your files and get a buy link or button that you can embed into your GoCentral site. I have shown how to do all of this in the above tutorial using Payhip.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

I signed up with PayHip, but none of the integrations with the code you provided to embed into a go central site match the theme or colors of the site. How can this be changed or rectified? Otherwise, I do not see this as a viable solution or workaround for a go central site.

Garett, creditsecretsexposed.com

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey Everyone. I reached out to our development team about this and this is a feature we're looking to release for the GoCentral Online Store soon. Hopefully early next year. Unfortunately, until then, you'd need to use a different method to sell your digital products online. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Will it allow for digital videos longer than 30 minutes?  

Helper V

@JesseW Very glad to hear they have it coming soon. Lots of people are waiting on it, so thanks for checking.

In the meantime, as I stated earlier, you can sell up to 3 items by using up to 3 PayPal buttons. You'd have to then e-mail them the files after payment.

Would be great to have some idea of timeline for when the download for sale option will be available. If due very soon ( weeks) I would be happy to wait but some of these comments are old and the feature is still not available so I am thinking it is not really a high priority and could be a very long time.

I waited for digital download feature but it never came so I switched to Wix and now we have our Healthwise Exercise TV channel. You can also have a blog.  I was with Godaddy for about 10 years but like that Wix has more options. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.  We are working on supporting Digital download products on GoCentral Online store and we would be realizing the feature in a few weeks.  I am hoping you would be able to share your thoughts, after giving it a spin, soon after the release.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoCentral Online Stores

Thank you for the update. Will look forward to seeing the new option and test it out. I have 2 or 3 new sites that need this option at the moment so if it works ... happy days

New
    New

When exactly is this download digital products coming?  If I purchase the online store today, will I have the ability to easily switch the products to digital downloads?

I sell online courses.

RGC Sales Inc.

Namaste Mohan,

This is such good news! 

I have been patiently waiting for GoDaddy to supply a music player on GoCentral for my new music so people can listen to it on my Godaddy website rather than on some other embedded provider. Am also excited that I will also have the option to sell my songs to those visitors who are interested in my music. There are so many third parties out there (some great with a positive purpose and not to be criticized), but I feel that many artists want and need a central hub that offers more control over their web presence as what a GoCentral website provides. It's a good feeling to know that people will now be able to listen to my music on my GoDaddy GoCentral website. Cheers : )

Product Team
    Product Team

Ron,

We are working on the project to support selling digital products on GoCentral Online stores.  I don't have exact date for launch, but can tell you that it would be soon.  If you purchase GoCentral Online store now, you would have access to to Digital products feature, when we roll out (no additional cost).  The online store could support both physical and digital products. You may not be able to switch from physical to digital products, given the structure of products are different in many aspects. But, you could re-purpose content and other assets you may create now. 

Hope this helps,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoCentral online stores

I don't want to sell my digital download file. I just want to be able to capture the contact information for the person that is downloading the file. Is there away to do that in GoCentral.

New

Hi, is there an option to have a membership area that is password protected? that way only paid members can access my content?

New
    New

Yes that option exists. 

I believe you need the GoCentral Business Plus.

RGC Sales Inc.

I just purchased the upgraded GoCentral package to access the Online Store.  This was because it appeared to be able to support online sale of digital downloads.  After trying to set it up I found this article that it cannot yet do that and that the old Quick Shopping Cart was no longer available.  Your post on 1/5/19 said it should be in a few weeks.  Because I purchased the upgrade today 2/14/19, which is now nearly 6 weeks later, should I request a refund OR will it be available soon?  If soon, then what is the expected feature release date?

Thank you.

New
    New

Mohan

On Jan 14 you said digital downloads would be available soon.  

I purchased the online store based on your post.

Can you please tell me when or I want o to cancel the online store.

RGC Sales Inc.
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.  We are in the final stages of development of Digital products features and hope to launch this soon.  

Would you be open to sharing some information on what you are trying to sell?  I want to make sure we are building a product that serves you well.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoCentral Online stores

New
    New

@ProdMgr_OLS 

I sell online course both in video and pdf format.

I also use flip-books which would be cool.

RGC Sales Inc.
    Helper V

@ProdMgr_OLS 

One of the websites I manage is waiting to sell downloadable music and e-books.

I need the ability sell short videos, but I don't necessarily need a solution for hosting the video files.  

Currently, my preview videos are on Vimeo, so I can embed those onto a page and my master files are stored on the Amazon S3 platform.  I really just need an online store that connects with S3 after checkout so the customer can download their video.  

As previously stated, you said on Jan. 14th that something would be ready in a few weeks.  It would be really nice to know when the launch date will be.  If in reality, this is going to be another 6 months, then it would be nice to know so I can do something else in the interim.  

New
    New

Jan 5 you mentioned digital download would be available in a few weeks.

That was 8 weeks ago.

I purchased the online store based on your comments.

Can you please give a release date?

RGC Sales Inc.
    Highlighted
    New
    New

I spoke with a GoDaddy GoCentral person last Friday and he told me that there was no release date or any information on the digital download feature in his internal document about upcoming releases.

RGC Sales Inc.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

@RonC Just to clarify, @ProdMgr_OLS is a member of the development team for GoCentral, so you can trust the fact that the feature is in the works. I know it can seem like things are taking longer than they should, but product development is a tricky thing. There's a great video about how the process works below if you have the time to check it out. Basically, at any given time there are multiple features that are being worked on and tested. Sometimes testing and finalizing takes longer than expected. Words like "few" or "soon" are subjective to the overall process. While it might not seem like it, the developers are always hard at work building and testing the features they're trying to release. In the meantime, we appreciate everyone's patience while this feature gets rolled out. 

Note that the video above wasn't produced by GoDaddy and may not mirror our full development process. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you the update!

Sent from my iPhone

Yes a big thank you for the update JesseW!

I am looking forward to the release of my new songs and EP.

A music player for my GoCentral website will be very much appreciated.

Then if the option to sell the songs is available, then all the better!

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Cheers : )

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi All,

I am excited to announce that we have started rolling out 'Digital products' feature on GoCentral Online store and we are monitoring our systems to identify any issues as customer adopt this feature. If everything hold up, we would make this feature available to everyone in a week's time frame.  You may able to see this feature on your online store when you try to add a new product  and If you do, please do give it a try and share your feedback. If you don't see the feature yet, please have little more patience. 

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoDaddy Online Stores

New
    New

Great news.

Will it be available in Canada?

RGC Sales Inc.
    Helper V

@ProdMgr_OLSOne of the websites I manage needs this for the 3 standalone products they are selling. (They don't have a "store", they have the business plan.) Will it work for that as well?

Awesome!!!

Thanks, Garett- 323-770-6601 (texting encouraged)

Sent from my iPhone which I do always spellcheck.

I am very interested in the digital downloads feature being discussed.

Recently, I added a "private page" to my godaddy website with a file download facility ("members" could download files). However, I now discover the files must be 30MB or smaller. Is there a way I could get larger (up to about 230MB) files?

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.  We do support files (any type) up to 2GB. Not sure, where you saw or heard file size limit of 30MB. We correct the typo.  Give digital downloads feature a try and let us know your feeedback.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoCentral Online stores

Please see attached screen shot - "File size is too large. . . ." No larger than 50MB it says today (30th April 2019).GoDaddy_UploadFile.JPG

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @PeterC1. The limit you're seeing in your screenshot is for the file download section in GoCentral. Digital products are uploaded using the Online Store feature. Take a look at this article for more information on adding products in Online Store. 

nhester
    Former Employee
    Solution

Good news! We now have a Help article explaining how to sell downloadable, digital products on your GoCentral-Website Builder Online Store: 
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-digital-products-32130
    We've also updated the previous article for to provide more detail about selling physical products:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-physical-products-23906

Btw, while the names are similar, GoCentral-Website Builder's Online Store is not the same as what we call Online Store standalone, which was created long before GoCentral-Website Builder was born.
    How to tell the difference? Look at the breadcrumb in the top left of any article:
    If it says 'Help/ GoCentral' or 'Help/ Website Builder,' you're in the right place.

GoCentral-Website Builder-Online-Store.png

Okay, thanks - BUT it does not work (screens shown in help article are not the same at all after I log in). As I asked before, is the "GoCentral- Webiste Builder Online Store" another product? I am using the "Go Central Business" (which does not appear to have what you term an 'online store').

The digital products I sell are pdf (Acrobat) books which vary in size (about 30,000 KB to 230,000 KB - and each one is personalized to each buyer.

nhester
    Former Employee

Hi @PeterC1,
    GoCentral's Online Store is one tier up from GoCentral Business. Online Store tier is the eCommerce tier. 
    As you can see in the Compare plans article, the Business plan isn't designed for selling products. 

nhester
    Former Employee

This can now all be done within GoCentral-Website Builder's Online Store plan without having to use Payhip.