• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Selling Digital downloads on Go Central

Hi -

I am wondering if and when Go Central will allow for digital download sales. I have a Go Central plan and want to sell audio meditations and videos of my yoga flows through the website. Currently, I have to link to third party accounts: vimeo and Etsy, but this is time consuming & not user friendly to monitor three different platforms, plus their themes don't match my website, so it doesn't flow well from a design standpoint. I do not want to have to move away from GD, but if I cannot sell my digital files, this is a big problem. If someone has a solution, would love to hear it. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you would like to sell digital downloads and charge for it on GoDaddy GoCentral, I have written a tutorial on how to do this here with screenshots: Sell Digital Downloads on GoCentral.

Essentially, you will need to use an external service to upload your files and get a buy link or button that you can embed into your GoCentral site. I have shown how to do all of this in the above tutorial using Payhip.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @PeterC1. The limit you're seeing in your screenshot is for the file download section in GoCentral. Digital products are uploaded using the Online Store feature. Take a look at this article for more information on adding products in Online Store. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Good news! We now have a Help article explaining how to sell downloadable, digital products on your GoCentral-Website Builder Online Store: 
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-digital-products-32130
    We've also updated the previous article for to provide more detail about selling physical products:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-physical-products-23906

Btw, while the names are similar, GoCentral-Website Builder's Online Store is not the same as what we call Online Store standalone, which was created long before GoCentral-Website Builder was born.
    How to tell the difference? Look at the breadcrumb in the top left of any article:
    If it says 'Help/ GoCentral' or 'Help/ Website Builder,' you're in the right place.

GoCentral-Website Builder-Online-Store.png

57 REPLIES 57
    Helper VI

Hi @mothermoon, welcome to the community! 🙂

As far as I know, you can't do that automatically with GoCentral.

If you want my advice, you should go with a WordPress site. There are a lot of plugins that allow you to sell digital products in an automated way.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
    And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

Hey There,

I also need the ability to digitally deliver files after selling my process documents through my GoDaddy website. I also have Go Central. I'm just getting started by when a customer purchases my product, I'll have to email them the compressed files. Is there a way through my current site that I can automatically send the files when a purchase is made? I'm not super excited about redoing my site with WordPress and I'm not familiar with plug ins, etc.

My site is FreeCollegeKnowledge.com

Thanks

Sean 

Hi I'm interested in your go central website builder.. I was looking through your other features such as selling my music. However, I see that you collect a 2.9% fee plus .30 fee off every sell.. I was trying to sell individual songs at .49 each but with that I will only clear .16 per sell because you take .33 from each sell.. just trying to see if it's feasible to set up this website..

There are many people who don't want to use Word Press - it's too complicated and we don't have the funds to have GoDaddy build a site.  Therefore we need a user friendly site like Go Central that has the capabilities of selling downloadable products including 30 minute plus videos on our store and a blog. Is this feasible yet?  Thanks:) 

I want to sell digital downloads as well. Is there any news on this matter as of today?

This is very important to me and my business. If not, what is the best and quick option for me to go to?

I've had my site with Godaddy for several years (great customer service) but have started building a site with Wix because they have digital downloads of videos and audio and a blog which my current site does not offer. So you might want to check that out. It's easy to build with Wix also.  Some people have suggested Word Press, but that's difficult if you don't have the knowledge. 

Sadly not offering digital product sales is a deal breaker for me. I use GoDaddy for all of our domain and email needs and it would be nice if they could’ve hosted our site too.
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern. We do acknowledge that there is a growing need to support digital downloads from within online store and we are actively looking at possible solutions to support our customers. We'll share the details, as soon as we finalize our approach. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, Online stores

Would be great to have some idea of timeline for when the download for sale option will be available. If due very soon ( weeks) I would be happy to wait but some of these comments are old and the feature is still not available so I am thinking it is not really a high priority and could be a very long time.

I waited for digital download feature but it never came so I switched to Wix and now we have our Healthwise Exercise TV channel. You can also have a blog.  I was with Godaddy for about 10 years but like that Wix has more options. 

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.  We are working on supporting Digital download products on GoCentral Online store and we would be realizing the feature in a few weeks.  I am hoping you would be able to share your thoughts, after giving it a spin, soon after the release.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoCentral Online Stores

Thank you for the update. Will look forward to seeing the new option and test it out. I have 2 or 3 new sites that need this option at the moment so if it works ... happy days

When exactly is this download digital products coming?  If I purchase the online store today, will I have the ability to easily switch the products to digital downloads?

I sell online courses.

Hafeez Noorani

Ron,

We are working on the project to support selling digital products on GoCentral Online stores.  I don't have exact date for launch, but can tell you that it would be soon.  If you purchase GoCentral Online store now, you would have access to to Digital products feature, when we roll out (no additional cost).  The online store could support both physical and digital products. You may not be able to switch from physical to digital products, given the structure of products are different in many aspects. But, you could re-purpose content and other assets you may create now. 

Hope this helps,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoCentral online stores

I don't want to sell my digital download file. I just want to be able to capture the contact information for the person that is downloading the file. Is there away to do that in GoCentral.

Mohan

On Jan 14 you said digital downloads would be available soon.  

I purchased the online store based on your post.

Can you please tell me when or I want o to cancel the online store.

Hafeez Noorani

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.  We are in the final stages of development of Digital products features and hope to launch this soon.  

Would you be open to sharing some information on what you are trying to sell?  I want to make sure we are building a product that serves you well.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoCentral Online stores

@ProdMgr_OLS 

I sell online course both in video and pdf format.

I also use flip-books which would be cool.

Hafeez Noorani

@ProdMgr_OLS 

One of the websites I manage is waiting to sell downloadable music and e-books.

I need the ability sell short videos, but I don't necessarily need a solution for hosting the video files.  

Currently, my preview videos are on Vimeo, so I can embed those onto a page and my master files are stored on the Amazon S3 platform.  I really just need an online store that connects with S3 after checkout so the customer can download their video.  

As previously stated, you said on Jan. 14th that something would be ready in a few weeks.  It would be really nice to know when the launch date will be.  If in reality, this is going to be another 6 months, then it would be nice to know so I can do something else in the interim.