cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Share to Facebook button for individual blog posts

Hello!

I want to add a "Share to Facebook" button on individual blog posts.  I can't see a way to do that.  I have the code, but no where to put it.  I want visitors to be able to share and individual blog post to their own Facebook page.

Go Central--not WordPress

Please help!

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Share to Facebook button for individual blog posts

Hi @DianaL, our blog feature is still fairly new. I'm not sure when and if that will be implemented. I suggest frequently checking out our monthly Go Central updates on our blog site (godaddy.com/garage) for info on our newest updates.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

Hi DianaL - as @charminglygeeky says, this is on our roadmap for the blog but we don't have a definite date yet. We're working on a few things that will enable this functionality but once that's done we'll be able to move on to this.  Thanks!

Christie

Product Manager

GoCentral Blog

@cstrasia

Without this capability, along with other rudimentary social capabilities, such as liking a post or enabling commenting, website builder is not useful

New

I agree. We definitely need this feature and need it fast, GoDaddy, in order for this to be a useful builder for small business.

Agreed! Blog need a share button for all social medias. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. 

Without the capability to share the blog post, like it or comment, why would this tool have any value?? this is perfectly USELESS and a waste of time. GoDaddy shouldn't have published a half-baked cake! What are developers doing??? These are BASIC requirements that a user community should NOT have to ask for. This is ridiculous!

Agree! I am pissed people can't comment on my blog! How soon can we get this fixed?

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi folks,

We realize the blog is missing some key features and are working furiously to add them as soon as possible.  We're currently working on making your blog posts more findable on google as well as letting your readers signup to receive update via email.  After that we'll get to work on commenting as well as social posting and sharing.

Thanks for your continued patience.

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

@cstrasia Christie,

Thank you for your update. Can you tell us how we will be notified when the desired features are in place and if there is a timeline within which the changes are scheduled for completion?

Chris

@cstrasia are we any closer to an actual resolution?  this issue has a long history of 'we're working on it' so far...  i don't fully understand how this would get fixed, but there doesn't seem to be any urgency at this point.

can we get more clarity from the godaddy developers?

Hello, 

I see on here that there is a plan to add more to the blogs (like being able to share them on social media and people being able to commit on them.) But this question was asked around 5 months ago and these things have still not been added. How closer are you on this "road map" to getting these up dates since it has now been 5 months? If you have already updated this then how do I get those updates? 

we really need to have the ability to share to facebook/twitter etc for both the website itself and for the individual blog posts! that's the whole reason I went ahead with getting the new platform! 

I want my money back! I remembered now that that was why I didn't continue to build my previous website. Sorry Godaddy but this is not difficult to do! every other site gives this option. I will have to take my business elsewhere. Very disappointed after raving about your "great deal" yesterday! There is simply no excuse for this!

Hi there, the sitebuilder is awesome and really easy to use, but I'm definitely looking forward to floating Pinterest buttons for my blog posts. Do you happen to have a rough eta for this?  Thanks so much!

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @chrisrobinson,

I dont have a specific timeline I can share other than it's at the top of our list (along with commenting) and should be available this fall. 

We're planning to include the option to share on your social profile as part of the blog post publish process - so you'll see it when you publish your next post following it's release. You'll then be able to go back to any older posts and share those as well if you'd like. 

Thanks,

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

Please let us know as soon as you have it operating

New

It's fall....please get this feature updated! I would think it's not so hard as it's a fairly common and standard option on every other blog I've ever seen. 

New

Most funny thing with this post is, if you look at the top of this post GoCentral/Godaddy have share buttons for their own site. 😉 🙂

Just wanted to drop another mention that it is FALL and still no social media share buttons on individual BLOG posts. We need another update on this feature request.

New

Also want to add that this situation should not be listed as solved in the original post......it should be listed as pending.

Personnaly, I think being able to share a blog post on Facebook is primary. I will definitely change my website host next month if this is not fix ASAP. What's the point about having a blog if people can't comment or share it? And not to mention it's in your company's best interest... it's called PROMOTION.

Sorry but I had a few disappointment but now this is too much...

Im in the process of switching to a new platform and host as well.  This has been an outstanding issue for far too long with no timeline for adding the new functionality.  This is extremely disappointing.

New

I'm tired of waiting also and even though I have put so much time in building my website I am considering changing also if they do not update with a firm time for fixing this issue. I have looked around and there is not another "blog" that does not have this option. It just does not make sense that this is not an option, it's not really serving the purpose of a blog if you can not share it. 

I've had people ASKING ME how they can share my post and NOW I find out that I can't do it.  Thanks GoDaddy

Well... good for you because for myself, no one has told me how yet.

Decided to shut down my website and found another host. Just can't understand why you would have a blog if no one can share it or comment it. 

cstrasia
    Former Employee

All,

Thanks for your patience.  We're in the testing phase of social sharing and will release as soon as the testing / bug fixing is complete.  This will allow your site visitors to share your blog posts on their social pages as well as let you share your blog posts on your social sites.

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

It seems like we got this feature finally. But there's a problem with twitter sharing. If I have an apostrophe ( ' ) or any other punctuation mark in the title when sharing to Twitter it only takes the words before that mark. Can this be fixed? 

New

Wow! Super news....going to go check it out now.

I shared a blog post to Facebook. It shows up there as a clickable link to my domain and reads, ********.com. Is there a way to change that? Like a title to click on instead. For example, "10 facts about bitcoin that will shock you."