• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Shipping/Local Pickup Options

I have an online cake boutique and provide the option to place orders online. There are some instances where a person opts for local pickup in which they can collect their cakes and treats from a provided location. Unfortunately there is no option to do local pickup with payment on the site and I require full payment for all of my orders prior to pickup. In my experience if you choose local delivery, the customer has to pay in person which defeats the purpose. Is it possible to create multiple local pickup options (paid and unpaid)?

Also there are some cases where the item I make is not available for shipping and only available for local pickup (ie. cakes). Unfortunately there is no option to make items unavailable for shipping so my customers sometimes incur an unnecessary fee that I either have to refund or overcompensate with additional items. Though I indicate in my descriptions directions/restrictions, sometime people don't always read the information. Can we please make an option to restrict/limit shipping options?

Lastly, can we create an option to offer free shipping with a coupon code. The only way to offer free shipping is to click the free shipping in the shipping section of your product entry. I am working on an exclusive group so I want to be able to offer isolated promos but not affect an entire entry. 

Ideally I would love if I could have my customers choose a desired event date on a calendar, pay their deposit to secure their date, and select an option for pick up or delivery with the potential to enter a code if they're an exclusive member. It may seem far fetched but I'm sure people in the service industry like I am can relate. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Product Team

Hi @SMMJ318,

My daughters and I are big fans of baking.  Cake decoration is an awesome artistic pursuit.  Wish you all the very best.

Thanks for sharing your observations and requirements.  Let me address each of them,

1. Local pickup and online payment:   We do support the option for your customer to purchase cakes online with the option of picking up the order from your store.   Wondering if you have enabled Credit Card payments along with offline payments ( Cash) and your customers are choosing offline payments. Can you check and remove offline payment, if you want your customers to pay for the orders before picking up.

2.  Item level control on Shipping/Pickup:   Right now, we support item level control on shipping cost only.  But, we are actively looking into item level control on Shipping/Local Delivery/Pickup.  Please stay tuned.

3. Free Shipping coupon:  We did start the work on this, but had to pause due to Covid situation. We'll jump back on this and have it available asap.

4. Ability for your customer to schedule local delivery/pickup:   We do recognize that scheduled delivery/pickup is becoming even more important in current challenging environment. We are looking into possible solutions, near term as well as long term. 

Let me know if you need further help,

Thanks for your patience,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoDaddy Online store

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Employee

Hello @SMMJ318, and welcome! Could you please confirm that you are using the websites + marketing platform for your cake boutique?  I'd love to know....which cake is your bestseller? 🙄

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

Hi Valerie. Yes, I am using websites+ marketing for my business. Lately red velvet has been my best selling cake. 

Product Team

Hi @SMMJ318,

My daughters and I are big fans of baking.  Cake decoration is an awesome artistic pursuit.  Wish you all the very best.

Thanks for sharing your observations and requirements.  Let me address each of them,

1. Local pickup and online payment:   We do support the option for your customer to purchase cakes online with the option of picking up the order from your store.   Wondering if you have enabled Credit Card payments along with offline payments ( Cash) and your customers are choosing offline payments. Can you check and remove offline payment, if you want your customers to pay for the orders before picking up.

2.  Item level control on Shipping/Pickup:   Right now, we support item level control on shipping cost only.  But, we are actively looking into item level control on Shipping/Local Delivery/Pickup.  Please stay tuned.

3. Free Shipping coupon:  We did start the work on this, but had to pause due to Covid situation. We'll jump back on this and have it available asap.

4. Ability for your customer to schedule local delivery/pickup:   We do recognize that scheduled delivery/pickup is becoming even more important in current challenging environment. We are looking into possible solutions, near term as well as long term. 

Let me know if you need further help,

Thanks for your patience,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoDaddy Online store

View solution in original post