• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Shipping help needed

I currently have my shipping options by weight thru usps.   I also only use the paypal express payment option.   I charge Wisconsin sales tax.   Here is my problem.   When someone places an order the shipping and tax do not show up until after they have either logged in to paypal or until they have entered their credit card number.    How do I make it so that the shipping and tax is shown BEFORE they have to enter their payment info?  If it was me I would not want to waste my time entering all my information without having a complete list of charges.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Product Team

HI @brikeney, thanks for your post!

For your Online Store PayPal checkout, we use what is called the PayPal One Touch flow. The big advantage of this flow is that users only have to login to PayPal, rather than enter in their full billing and shipping info, and PayPal provides that data based on their account. If the user has enabled the one-touch function, they don't even have to login, they simply click a button (very similar to the "buy now" option in Amazon).

Since we don't know the address until they confirm their PayPal login, we can't prompt the tax or shipping costs. However, they are able to verify final cost before being charged. Despite the delayed cost prompts, this flow has shown to increase sales conversion by reducing user input during checkout, and getting more sales for you is our primary goal!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    Product Team

HI @brikeney, thanks for your post!

For your Online Store PayPal checkout, we use what is called the PayPal One Touch flow. The big advantage of this flow is that users only have to login to PayPal, rather than enter in their full billing and shipping info, and PayPal provides that data based on their account. If the user has enabled the one-touch function, they don't even have to login, they simply click a button (very similar to the "buy now" option in Amazon).

Since we don't know the address until they confirm their PayPal login, we can't prompt the tax or shipping costs. However, they are able to verify final cost before being charged. Despite the delayed cost prompts, this flow has shown to increase sales conversion by reducing user input during checkout, and getting more sales for you is our primary goal!

View solution in original post

If I have selected  flat rate for shipping why can't it show in my cart? You don't need an address input for a flat rate.

New

Hello, On my website I have 2 fixed shipping cost, how can I add these costs at time of sale to only a couple of items I sell automatically? I need these fixed cost because i'm in the fabric business and I never know how much a customer is going to buy, they understand these costs and except them...

I also have similar problems.
    On my website I have a flat rate for shipping of $9.95 per order.
    But when a customer adds more than one item in the cart it keeps adding more postage costs per item.
    Eg.
    One order total has 3 items in the cart but you have been charged 3 lots of $9.95.
    Very confused

Is there a way to only charge one time charge of $9.95 for the full order?
    Instead of shipping per item in cart?

I am ,asking the same question.  I want to setup a per order shipping fee for orders under a certain amount. Once I get to that amount (either $35 or 50, not sure yet) I want to offer free shipping.  I can not figure out how to set this up.