• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Shop page shows all products. I hate it. Is there a way ....

Is there any way to just have a couple of nice images on the page body and a line or two of text and then just the links to the categories on the side?  The way it's set up now has all of my products in no particular order (and I don't like the order options offered, IE newest, most popular, price)
    I don't want to SEE every product I'm offering on that page.  I really hate it, don't want to have to go to wix or someplace else.  I just signed up here and like it except for the shop page.  And it's a really big issue for me.

Thanks very much.

Christine.
    Patterson Creek Bridal

6 REPLIES 6
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Shop page shows all products. I hate it. Is there a way ....

Hi @PCB2019. Thanks for your feedback. There isn't currently a way to manually change how the Online Store section of your shop page displays. However, you can change it in a few ways. First, you can update the order that the products appear in using the dropdown that appears when you click on the shop section (see below). You can also completely delete the online store section and add other sections instead, like the featured categories section. The nice thing about that is that you can choose which categories appear in that section. If you need to display more than the limit of 6 for the section, you could just add a new section to the page. Keep in mind that the Online Store section does need to be present somewhere on the site, but it doesn't have to be on the "shop" page specifically. You could have it on its own page that is not directly available from your site navigation. 

GC - Default product sort.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

This is the reason for me joining the forum, I wondered the same thing. It looks super tacky! What’s the point of having catergories if it’s logging all your items together?! I tried adding a category drop window under the shop page on the home screen but it doesnt explain how to add each one (bags, shoes etc.) . Super annoyed!
    Helper V

@JesseW  Did you read PCB2019's comment? They do not like the options available. They are not helpful. I totally agree. I do not want all my products showing up first thing. Please pass along our request to be able to show no products up front, or to be able to select the ones we want to show. Thanks.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Hopeful - You're right. My bad. I said it in my head but didn't write it. I will make sure to pass on the feedback to our dev team. Thanks again for the feedback @PCB2019

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Please tell us the status of this fix. We need a place for category copy on each category and we don't want all of our products showing up first thing without being able to control which ones are shown. Thank you.

Highlighted

Please respond - where in the pipeline is this request? When will we see an update?

The current format for the store is too limited. At a minimum, let me organize the order in which products display. Or let me set up multiple Featured lists so I can organize in sections.