• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Shopping Cart

I wish to implement your Shopping Cart but have a few questions:

1.  Can I set price levels?  I want to set pricing for customer types.  In other words, depending on who the customer is, I will charge lower prices.

2.  Can I export orders to specific Excel template for later import into Xero Accounting package.

3.  Can I set minimum order quantity such as "7 Cases Minimum Order Quantity"?

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Shopping Cart

The simple answer is "Yes, you can do all of those things @nbixler." How you accomplish those things and if you can add those features will depend on what solution you choose. Not every shopping cart or solution will allow you the flexibility you desire? What are you using right now for your website and online store?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I am using GoDaddy website...still enhancing.
    I have not chosen an online store package yet.  Recommendation?

Neil
    Super User I

I'm not in the business of suggesting solutions without knowing the complete picture @nbixler and I can't really get that from the information you provided here? There are great options available depending on your level of understanding. The main thing is suggest is choosing a solution with a good help and knowledgebase. Perhaps you could elaborate on exactly what kind of website you are building? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

I am building a site to sell snack foods to distributors.  They would warehouse their products and deliver via route trucks to individual stores.  I want them to be able to order products using a shopping cart from a PC or Smartphone.  Depending on their location and volume, pricing may be discounted.  They are required to order a minimum of 7 cases.  I want to be able to export orders to Xero accounting system...which uses an Excel template to import orders.

Super User I

It does sound like you require a robust e-commerce solution. Are you leaning to any particular framework? Have you worked with a solution before? Are there websites you've seen that you would like to model your website after? 

From what you are indicating, I need a custom solution.  Getting into multiple price levels, buy one get one free, get one free with five, minimum order quantities, custom export, etc.  I am getting the feeling GoDaddy or any other user designed shopping cart will not have these custom capabilities.  Am I thinking straight?  

Here is a sight similar to what I want to do:

http://www.bbjerky.com/beef-sticks/ole-smokies/single-wrapped/

Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

Normally I'd spend hours gathering requirements before I suggested a specific method to someone @nbixler. Again, I'm not in the business of suggesting solutions without consideration but it doesn't seem like you need anything custom? I don't think a simple cart like GoCentral Online Store would work? Online Store is a nice product that is easy to configure and maintain but it does not have the specialized features you require. Additionally the GoCentral product isn't really made to change or customize past the core function. 

That being said there are some high featured storefront options out there. Many of the available storefronts will do what you need and more with virtually no customization required. The reason I asked if you had seen a website that you like is so that you can see what they are utilizing as their solution. Believe it or not you are ahead of the game. Knowing what you want/need is the first step in choosing a solution. 

Thank you.