cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper I

Site speed slow ERR_TIMED_OUT

Receiving this error constantly when testing website performance - even on pages that have not changed. https://developers.google.com/speed/

What have you done this time to break my website GoDaddy?

Works fine on my competitors websites!

"Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. net::ERR_TIMED_OUT."

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Site speed slow ERR_TIMED_OUT

• What's the URL of your website?
    • What platform did you use to build the site? (WordPress, Joomla, etc.)
    • What type of optimizations have you put in place?
    • What type of hosting are you on?
    • What's your average number of visitors daily/weekly/monthly?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Helper I

Godaddy Website Builder vNext

(yes, big mistake, vs Wordpress functionality, as I now know to my cost)

As I hinted before, the whole site was working fine for months.

I have been frequently using https://developers.google.com/speed/ to tune the site, reduce graphics sizes served by GD, etc.

Today I made a change to 4 pages, and naturally checked them for performance.

I got the timeout error on them all. 

So I checked another 4 *unchanged* pages, and got the same timeout error.

This explains my ruined Google AdRank over the holiday week, which has dropped from 7/10 to 3/10 due to 'landing page performance' (no edits etc. were made to those landing pages).

Oh, and the support operative hadn't even got a clue what a google speed/lighthouse was ... and started fussing about another domain that has no website on it!

Anyway, something has changed technically on GD since my last pre-holidays tune-up.

Question is, what? Will I ever find out? Will GD ever admit to poor performance?

"Oh, and the support operative hadn't even got a clue what a google speed/lighthouse was ... and started fussing about another domain that has no website on it!

Anyway, something has changed technically on GD since my last pre-holidays tune-up.

Question is, what? Will I ever find out? Will GD ever admit to poor performance?"

Totally agreed on these 3 lines. Many times it happened that I tried to explain the issue and support tried to sell things (Upgrade hosting or buy SSL).

I shifted all my sites to some other services but still some of my clients are stuck with GD as they have bought hosting for long terms. I don't know when I will be getting solutions to some of my issues (questions.)

And yes this issue also occurred to one of my site and I am trying to find the solution.

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @IR and @Jasmeet_Singh. According to this Google post on Github, this is related to a bug detailed here. I'd recommend getting involved in one of those conversations if you're still having trouble. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.