• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

Still need help with GoCentral

I posted a plea for help a couple of weeks ago but despite a few helpful replies I am still nowhere understanding building a site with the very limited Godaddy instructions.

I now find my posts have been marked as solved.

I have had a few days away from the site to clear my head and consider what next. I am very tempted to walk away from the whole thing but I have have already paid a total of £72 to Godaddy even though I understood there was a months free trial.

I will give it one more shot if anyone can have a look at my site www.ugthorpeviews.co.uk and suggest a similar finished community site that I can look at to try and figure out where I am going wrong.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Still need help with GoCentral

I was curious and looked at your web site; very interesting; I am in the
    same position as you; struggling; difficult to follow website builder, etc.

--
    Uma A. Richmond
    Web Publisher

Helper I

Thanks so much for your reply uarichm. I always thought I was not the only one in this position, what we dont know is how many gave up without airing their views on Gogaddy's poor instructions, thanks again you've done wonders for my confidence.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @RBear. Sorry you're feeling discouraged. The best way to use the Community forums is to post a specific question or problem you're having, then marking the solution once it is posted. When a post is marked as 'solved' it helps more users. With the previous thread, because it addressed multiple issues, was getting long enough that others might not read through it if they found the post based on something they were searching for. You're absolutely welcome to continue asking questions with this in mind. Thanks again both you and @uarichm for sharing your feedback. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper I

Thanks Jessew, I do understand what you are saying. I will try with specific questions.

I have a page I want to mention local businesses and I have managed to get links to some with their own websites but for those without sites I would like to show an image of the business. On the page there are circles with a simple line drawn scene, how do I place an image in the circle or is there another way to display a business?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @RBear. To clarify, any time you'd like help with a different issue, you should make a separate post for that issue. The above is a good example of what could be its own post. I'd recommend creating a new post with the same information with a unique title. For some additional tips on creating effective forum posts, take a look at this post. I hope that makes sense. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.