• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Swapping the layout of added section

So close but so far, very frustrating. My problem is that the bottom text/photo pairing is part of an added section. I basically duplicated the top section which was a series of three photos and text pairings, each alternating as you see them: text on the left/photo on the right up top, then text on the right/photo on the left, but then when I added a section the original formatting doesn't adjust to what's already there so you can see it matches the one above it. If you were to look at the website it would alternate nicely until that last entry where Individual Performance Optimization matches the one above it. Anyone know if I can swap that bottom picture/text pairing? Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 5.46.20 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Swapping the layout of added section

Hi @davidmontore. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! With GoCentral, if you delete the content from any of the areas within a section, that area will collapse and no longer be visible. What you'd want to do in your case is move the content from the Individual Performance Optimization area in your screenshot down to the second row in the section, then, delete all the content from the first row. That should collapse it and make it look like the images are alternating. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Jesse thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately every time I do that it collapses back to the original design where the top picture is on the left, middle is on the right, and bottom/third picture is on the left. And since there's only three pictures with the layout, it's impossible not to have two pictures congruent if you duplicate the section to add more information. It'd be nice if there was an even number, or if the layout started with only one and then automatically alternated the layout of the pics and text boxes as you add them, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Unless I'm missing something, and I truly hope I am because my OCD won't let me go with this and I'd hate to have to either lose all of my work or move it altogether. What am I missing? I truly am a novice so I might be missing an obvious fix. The picture below is how it looks now with one "About" section now that I've deleted the added second "About" section. I need one more pic/text line so my thinking was to add another "About" section and delete the two lines I don't need, but again, whenever I click "Delete Section" it automatically slides everything up and readjusts so that the top line for the second section mirrors the bottom line of the top section. Thanks again so much for your time and my apologies if I'm making this difficult, but what am I missing?Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 2.06.43 PM.png

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi

@davidmontore. I think what you're talking about (with the picture moving back to the left) happens when you delete the group, which isn't what I mean. You just need to delete the text from the fields of the first group and it should collapse. Take a look at this animated gif below. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank. You. So. Much!

Apologies for my slow grasp and thank you for your patience. Site's looking great now. Have a great weekend.