• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

The 50 Page Limit: Help!

I'm having a real problem: I wasn't told that I would be limited to 50 pages when I chose Godaddy to host my pages, and now I'm being told I am. I found other threads on this forum saying you can just call technical support and they will increase it (https://uk.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/GoDaddy-won-t-increase-my-page-limit-past...), but when I called I was told that this was impossible in all circumstances and Tech support denied that such thread existed.

What do I do? 50 pages is nowhere near enough for my needs (https://ipsaloquitur.com/ - a law revision website where each topic needs its own dedicated page or it'll be a confusing and cluttered mess), and I feel like I have been cheated out of my time and money developing the Site's content up to this point. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: The 50 Page Limit: Help!

@LauraHannan 

Honestly, it sounds like you're on the wrong platform. For a more complicated site, I would suggest using something like WordPress or a similar CMS.

One thing I've had good results with is using the GoCentral platform as my main site and adding a WordPress site for additional things. In my case it's community stuff, but in your case maybe you could add something similar to a wiki that people could access?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Godaddy's builder was working great for my needs, and as advertised to me - I don't want to have to move everything I've done to a new platform I don't understand when I've already paid for this one!

Super User III
    Super User III

@LauraHannan 

I understand your frustration and concerns, however the limit to the number of pages wasn't a hidden factor. There are ways around it (such as using a WordPress site in conjunction with your GoCentral site) but that limit probably won't be going away for a while. The GoCentral platform alone just isn't your answer to your web presence needs. 

Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

It was entirely hidden. I just went through the process of signing up for a new one to check. It never tells you. It is not in the legal agreement as emailed to me with my receipt. It is mentioned nowhere in my account billing details. It is not advertised in the plan options on the site. My frustration is that I've wasted time and money precisely because it was hidden, which is not acceptable. If I had known, obviously I would not have signed up for GoDaddy. However, in light of the fact that other people have gotten around it, I'd like to explore whether this is possible with any support personnel on here. Otherwise I'm getting a refund...

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@LauraHannan 

Ah, yes, that was a mistake on my part. That's due to the fact that the page limit is a "soft limit." This was added into the product because after 50 pages there tends to be some degradation in load times.

Please reference this post in the community forums for further assistance. If you contact support and they have no idea what you're talking about, refer them to these posts. If they still won't help, ask for a supervisor. I do recall having this done when I was an employee. Please keep in mind that additional space is added on a case by case basis, though, and it is up to the developer's discretion.