Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

The connection was reset - Uploadind an specific PDF file

Hello,

I have a problem uploading an specific PDF file. 

I have an asp.net application hosted on Godaddy.

My application there is no problem, I am right about it

There is no specific way to some file. All file, just uploaded and saved in determinated folder.

My web.config is correct. Upload size is correctly configurated. I can upload files bigest than this with success. So the problem is not with file sizing.

I read all Internet pages about this error, but there is no soluction with success to me.

I tried a lot of soluctions, but the error is the same.

I called to Goddady support and there is no error logged and my website is online correctly.

Godaddy support said there is no anti virus or black list enable.

I try print this PDFfile in an PDF printer. The new file was updloaded with success! But my client will not do, this workarround..

The problem is:

-I try upload the file;

-In Chrome status bar, uploading start and percentage increase.

-About 40% status show 'connecting..' and percentage restart to zero.

-Percentage increase again, util about 40% and restart.... 

-The browser try upload about 4 times, repeating this increase and restart...than..

-The bowse shows error :

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I don't know if is possible, but if this PDF file is not correctly formated or if there is a lot of protections, the file can be rejected...

Thanks for your help.

I realy don't know what to do more..

Sorry about my bad english.

I can send to you this file to analyse, if you want.

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: The connection was reset - Uploadind an specific PDF file

Hi @Davirm. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If I understand what you're saying correctly, it sounds like there is a specific PDF file that you are not able to upload, even though you have uploaded others successfully. If that's true, it would almost certainly have to be a problem with the file. If your upload script is working for other PDF files, then it's not likely the server or your script. As far as I know, there wouldn't be anything on the hosting side that would prevent the upload of that kind of file. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.