Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Too much white space at top and bottom of sections

Hi

Is there a way to reduce the white space at the top and bottom of sections?

I have added some screenshots. In some places almost a third of the screen is white space.
    Thanks

small 1852.pngsmall IMG_1853.pngsmall IMG_1856.png

small IMG_1854.pngsmall IMG_1855.pngsmall IMG_1857.png

small IMG_1857.png

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful" - Albert Schweitzer
    43 REPLIES 43
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Too much white space at top and bottom of sections

Hi @Arrow1

Thank you for writing in. There is not currently a way to reduce the white space, but I've passed this request to the product team and I believe this is something they were already working on. Thank you for your patience!

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Same question for us as well! 

New

@hgibson wrote:

Hi @Arrow1

Thank you for writing in. There is not currently a way to reduce the white space, but I've passed this request to the product team and I believe this is something they were already working on. Thank you for your patience!

Hi Heidi @hgibson

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful" - Albert Schweitzer
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hey folks - I checked and we are expecting this to be released near the end of June. 

thanks!

heidi

Yes, the white space is way too much! In the old Website Builder software, it was easier and had the features to customize each area, size and content. The excessive white space, I'm sure, is why people are not renewing or going to a different platform. Can we still purchase the old Website Builder??

~multiple website girl

New

It is now July.  Has there been a solution to the issue?

Employee
    Employee

Hey all - I'm so sorry for the delay! The improvement to spacing is part of a larger release that is including new design options and it will be rolled out gradually over the next 2 weeks (we often do gradual rollouts to make sure nothing else gets inadvertently broken). You should see these changes in the Editor over the next two weeks. You will need to go in and select a new design option and republish your site to see those changes; we never change anyone's published site without them choosing to make that change. 

Thank you all for your patience, and sorry again that we were a bit late on this update. 

Best-

New

I have just started using this web builder and although it produces nice results the white spaces between sections will stop me signing up after the free period. I have noticed that lots of promises have been made to other users regarding a fix but it doesn’t appear to have happened. Surely you can get this sorted?

same question as above....Please let us know when there is a fix this.

Is this fix in yet?

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @kmorrissey @Arrow1@jewels2@Paul13  Good news, this has been addressed now.  However it will require a republish of your site to see the changes. Thanks for your patience.  Please let me know any other questions.  Christine, Product Manager.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @EpitomePapers This has been addressed. Please republish the site, and you should see the fixes.  Thanks,

Christine

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @bobbie This has been addressed now.  Please republish and you should see the improvements.  Thanks for your patience!

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @IndyFlyGirl Yes, this has been addressed now.  Please republish to see the improvements.  Thanks for your patience! GoCentral is our latest version and I'd recommend staying with it to ensure you have the latest features and fixes.  Thanks again, Christine

@ChristineL I republished my site (more than once, even making edits to test) and see no change in the amount of space.  Thoughts? Any help appreciated.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @kmorrissey - sorry about that! Can you send me your website link so we can take a look?  Thanks, Christine

forsythcountyparks.org and thanks for checking!

New

I have republished my home page and find there is little difference.   It is not just the white space.  It is also the large fonts, etc.  Just the header alone takes up a full screen.  Each section takes up a full screen.  We should be able to adjust photos, etc. so that when a person goes on our site, they see the entire home page. 

New

Changes are simply not satisfactory.  Sorry. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @bobbie . sorry to hear this. We do have plans to enhance the header images to give you more customization choices.   - Christine

Product Team
    Product Team

Thank you @kmorrissey, we looked into this, and it looks like we have more work to do to improve the spacing on mobile.  We reviewed your desktop site too - that looks fine to us, but how do you feel about it?  - Christine, PM 

whitespace.pngThe area above/below "Opportunities..." on desktop still seems like too much to me but yes, as you mentioned even more on mobile (below):Screenshot (Sep 12, 2018 6_43_52 AM).png

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @kmorrissey OK we will check desktop again. For mobile we have a fix coming soon (within 2 weeks). Thanks,

Christine

Hi - I've read the thread but I'm still confused. Using GoCentral and I agree with the others there is SO much empty white space between different categories on the pages and there's no way to reduce that size as of now. For example from the headline to the text - huge blank space. Any updates to fixing this? It looks lousy on mobile which is where most viewers are looking at my site. Thanks! Let me know.

Product Team
    Product Team

hi @GP82818 Thanks for the note. Basically the changes we made do not appear to be enough.  We're currently working on additional spacing updates- the desktop fix will be available first, but we also are working on mobile. I will update the thread when the fixes are shipped.  Thanks, Christine 

hello Christine,

How do we know when "Go Central" has updated versions?

Thanks,

Greg

Product Team
    Product Team

Today we pushed some changes to the padding - can you republish and see if it looks better for you now?  Thanks,

Christine

I republished.

I did not notice a change in Chrome nor Safari on my laptop.

I did however see a "jump" upwards of the info on the screen on my phone via chrome.

Not sure which field really shortened to move data up but assume something did (a little farther down the screen).

The part that really is too wide/long is around this phrase

"Opportunities in Forsyth County Parks"

See attached image.fcparkorg.png

Hi Christinel, Please confirm when could we expect reduction in the white space - Lots of your customers must be leaving without  asking you the status.

@ChristineL wrote:

Today we pushed some changes to the padding - can you republish and see if it looks better for you now?  Thanks,

Christine

Product Team
    Product Team

@gsbrar1 we've pushed some changes out already - did you try to republish? Please let me know if it helped.  We are still working on padding in the footer.

Again, saw screen jump when refreshing on mobile device seemly illustrating something had changed but no visible change when comparing side by side on desktop 😞

another example of too much space:

too much space.png

Product Team
    Product Team

@kmorrissey Thanks we reviewed and will create ticket to fix this. Sorry and thanks for your patience.

@ChristineL

Any more updates? This white space is really takes up the whole screen and we'll lose visitors without eliminating that space soon! 

Agreed. I’m running out of patience. The site is nice and it’s easy to customize the only thing holding me back is the amount of spacing between sections. It looks too unprofessional. Thinking of jumping to another hosting site if it isn’t fixed. 😞
    Product Team
    Product Team

@GP82818 Can you share what the URL is so we can review?

Product Team
    Product Team

@kmorrissey Wondering if you modified your logo before uploading?  Just for testing can you try uploading a different image there and see if the white space is still showing like that?  We suspect there is extra padding on your logo image itself.

Same website that was being used before.

This page in particular:  https://forsythcountyparks.org/memorials

Any help would be appreciated!

I assume switching to a different template really wouldn't make a big difference.

Will check on that but the extra spacing is in each section not just the logo.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @kmorrissey we can make additional updates to footer, contact us and gallery.  Are those the sections you are most concerned about?  For the logo, you can try www.canva.com which has nice (free) image cropping tools that have a lot of options. Right now there is extra white space in your logo which is causing the padding.  In the About section, it looks like you have extra lines of spacing - if you delete those, it should get better.  Finally some themes do have tighter spacing - you can try: Clarity, Dusk, Organic, or Mint.  Thanks, Christine

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @GP82818 Thanks for sending the site.  One thing that will help is to crop your image for "meet our squad" - I'm attaching what we did, but you can check out more options at www.canva.com (free) b/c it has a lot of fun extra features. We can do more work on padding for footer, gallery, contact us - are there other sections you want us to look at?  There are some themes with tighter spacing if you want to try: Clarity, Dusk, Organic, or Mint.  Don't worry - it will just change your header when you switch themes, and all the other sections will be same as you have them.  You can see how it looks and switch back if you don't like the other themes. Sorry for the trouble - but we'll keep working on this. dinosaurs.jpeg

Same problem on the site we're building. Too much white space above and below section headers. We're using "Mint," which was recommended upthread as being more compact. It is not. See any page in https://foxvalleyknittersguild.godaddysites.com/.