• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Tracking online store purchases via Orders CSV

Under ORDERS in the ONLINE STORE which i have set up there is the option to download a CSV file of the orders (Download All Orders).  This spreadsheet lists order numbers and then info about the buyer however it DOES NOT include the items that have been sold via the order number,

How are you supposed to track what has been sold?  Manually based on the emails received when someone places an order?

I rang tech support and they said this is on the roadmap for a feature addition in the future.  Seriously.... how can this info not be in the CSV that is downloaded?  How are other people doing this currently?

12 REPLIES 12
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Tracking online store purchases via Orders CSV

Hi @captjohnno!

Welcome to the community. I do see that this is something we have planned. Sorry it's not available yet. I don't have any information to offer on why this information isn't in the report yet.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

HI Heather thanks for the response.

Any timeline on this via the developers roadmap? This is really inhiberting and it shouldn't be that resource consuming to development

I agree, I'm a little shocked that considering how robust this software is that this wouldn't be a given...  It seems like it did when I looked at the Godaddy store software about 5 years ago...

Are there any SQL access options available?

Employee
    Employee

@captjohnno

Hi there! I know it's in the works but I don't have a date to provide. Sorry!

@Markstanl

Thank you for posting. You do still have the option to export order data to csv file. It's just this small portion of data that's missing from the file.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

OK so this is my concern.  It is not just a small portion of data that is missing using the export CSV function.  It is ALL of the items that have been ordered - they don't appear in the export, the only thing that appears is the order number and customer info - not what they have ordered.  Because of this limitation i have had to pay someone to develop a macro driven Excel spreadsheet to make it as easy and time effective as possible to enter the orders from the online store into the spreadsheet.  

No timeline from the developers is dissappointing and even worse they may believe this is a low priority.  Reading other peoples posts they have the issue also and anyone doing their research before signing up to GoDaddy online store would have reservations with this basic function missing.

Not happy and it's causing me time and money...long term plan i will just have to move to another online store with this functionality.

New

what difference would it make? I would be more concern with inventory than orders of what was sold. 

Helper V

The type of thing you are doing is often called "order entry". I do not know how much a simple order entry system would cost but for the cost of hiring someone to write an Excel macro you might be able to purchase a more useful order entry system. The following are samples of the type of data a system like that might manage:

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/tracking_orders/index.htm

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/customers_and_orders/index.htm

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/e_commerce/index.htm

One critical feature is if your products are custom-made. Obviously that data would be very different from products that are manufactured all alike. Things like clothes would have sizes and colors. Sizes can be complicated. An order entry system would need to support the products correspondingly.

I must fully agree.  The order download does not contain any product information and even worse, when the orders are transferred to Bookkeeping, the items ordered show up, but none of the product options data.  Se we have developed macros to connect the customer's contact information with what they ordered, but there is no option data.  For example, we know who ordered a shirt, but have no idea about what size.  except for manually looking at the saved invoices.  

Very very poor!

Heather, do you know if there have been any updates on if the developers are any closer to adding this feature? At least for the CSV downloads. With our website, which sells seats to art classes, there are many people who sign up and it gets a little difficult to keep up with who signs up for what and when. Yes, we do get emails every single time that does show the details of who and what and when, but it would be so much more easier if when we downloaded a list of all of the orders, it would also show what they ordered. At least then, we could sort. As other users have mentioned on this topic, it does seem like a basic function. We recently moved from Network Solutions, which became terrible after web.com bought them out, and they had a pretty intuitive inventory system that allowed the capability to show who bought what item. In hindsight, we should have done our research more before deciding on the GoDaddy online store inventory system. Everything else is great, just need this one function for it to be just about perfect for our business. Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon about this matter.

I have to agree with the other posters, it's really frustrating to not be able to download the cart contents with the order download - it took me a while to work this out and until I found this post.

It would be really helpful to get an accurate picture of what our customers are purchasing, and  had I realised that you couldn't download cart contents, then we probably wouldn't have chosen Go Daddy so we're currently looking for another web site provider.  

There are couple of long winded ways around this that might help for now - but don't give a complete picture. 

Dowloads from Paypal show cart contents but it can be a bit sporadic, so if you use paypal as a payment option you can see what customers are ordering that way.  Stripe doesn't appear to do this so it's not ideal if you use both or other payment options. 

Checking your inventory/stock levels over a time period - we make a lot of stuff to order so we don't track inventory, however we're changing to having all our products at 100 at the start of the month/other time period means we can check in at the end of the month and see how many of those were purchased. 

Neither of these are complete solutions though and don't give us the fuller picture, we used to use Big Cartel as that did give us that info but then lacked other stuff that we needed.  I guess the only way for now is to print off all the orders and type them manually into a spreadsheet.  

It would be great to get an update off Go Daddy as to a time scale when this would be implemented so we could make a decisions whether to wait for it or look elsewhere. 

Can you give us an estimate on when this feature will be available?

Hi,

If you interested, we developed a script which can be applied to any data export file from Godaddy store, and will do the analysis for you.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Michael.