• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Turn off email verification for subscribers

When website viewers want to subscribe/sign up for emails from my business, they are required to go into their email and verify/confirm that they signed up.

Is there a way to remove that step? I want people to just sign up in 1 step and not have to then log in to their email and confirm by clicking a link.

I just think that a lot of people will not perform the 2nd step and that will prevent them from even finishing subscribing.

Thanks for any feedback.

1 REPLY 1
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Re: Turn off email verification for subscribers

Hi @eventsbyamyllc ,

The process involved in the subscription is called two-step authentication.  This is done to prevent spam bots from flooding your form inbox.  If you are using a standard form builder or one within a page-builder you may not have the option of turning the two-step off.  For most builders that do have it, look for a checkbox setting on the submit button (or privacy settings, etc).

The other side of the coin is that most who take the time to authenticate with you are saying, "I really want to be on your mailing list".    Engage these folks immediatley!  Many hit the subscribe once and disappear.  Most of those are casually interested.  Perhaps use a form-tracker that reminds the user to authenticate...  Anyways, take a bit of time to learn about the best habits for email marketing.  MailChimp, Constant Contact, Send in Blue among others all have some great tutorials.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites