• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Two sites will load in the US but will not show up mainland China, (connection timeout)

Hello, I have two domain names purchased with godaddy xiflower.com and xiflowers.com, both of which just forward to a Chinese site that allows people to see the store front. In mainland China when we try and access the two above domain names, it fails with either too many redirects error, or fails with connection time out error. With a VPN set to the US, it works fine and redirects fine. The site that it forwards to works fine in both the US and China and isn't a problem. This is just a default setup. Can someone please help, we haven't modified anything but added the forwarded address. 

3 REPLIES 3
    Solution

Re: Two sites will load in the US but will not show up mainland China, (connection timeout)

Hi @xiflowers, thanks for posting.

If the site isn't working in a specific region, that might indicate an issue with an ISP in that region. When using a VPN, you effectively bypass any issues with connections through that ISP, as long as you can connect to the VPN. I suggest you contact your network provider or ISP with a traceroute or something similar so that they can review the issue with you.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: Two sites will load in the US but will not show up mainland China, (connection timeout)

Hello. I saw that someone has a similar problem as I am facing now. O own a domain and it is blocked in China. Can only be opened if we use a VPN. 

My site is hosted at Wix and I am completely lost about how to try to solve the problem. 

In your response to another user you suggested "contact their network provider or ISP with a traceroute or something similar". Is the network provider in my case Wix, which is where the site is hosted? 

Thanks

Melfi

Highlighted

Hi @Melfi.

Your ISP would be your internet service provider. They should be able to see why the site isn't loading on their network.

Hope this helps!

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.