• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Unable to connect Google listing.

Hi everyone,

I have been through it with Google in the last week. When I created my website on February 2, GoDaddy automatically created a google listing for me. I completely forgot about it until I noticed someone was leaving me negative reviews without ever being my client. I went through the steps Godaddy states to do to "connect a listing" but when I search for my business in my town in the area that Google lists it at, it shows, "We're looking for your listing" and then the page "hmm... we didn't find anything" I attempted various towns around me thinking maybe there was a disconnect, but I get the same error page.

I attempted to go through Google help, and they state that because the email account that "created" my google listing was, "godaddy@gmail.com" (or I assume it is) They answered me, "I understand your concern but since the business page is associated with the different email address you have a request for the ownership of the business page." 

So, I'm stuck between Godaddy not being able to find the Google listing (even though I have the link, below) and Google not being able to release my listing. To make matters worse, this person continues to harass me in the comments, and I think has figured out I cannot flag them as a business. 

Reference: This is my google listing 

My website

(No clue if either of these things is needed but I seriously just need to figure out how to claim ownership so I can shut these negative one-star reviews from non-customers down.

Thank you for all your help,

Nancy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Resolver VI

Hi, I hope you are doing well. Thank you for joining the GoDaddy community. I think there is an issue with your setting. When you connect your website with your Google My Business account, GoDaddy monitors and provides stats on your reviews and search traffic. By taking ownership, you will be able to manually update your profile details and manage those reviews directly.

1. Go to your GoDaddy product page.
    2. Open your site.
      • For Websites + Marketing: Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
      • For Digital Marketing: Scroll down to Online Marketing and select Manage next to the site you want to change.
    3. Open Google My Business.
      • For Websites + Marketing: From your dashboard, select Marketing > Google My Business.
      • For Digital Marketing: From your dashboard, select Social & Listings > Google My Business.
    4. Select Connect a Listing. (Select Create Listing if you want to create a new Google My Business listing.)
    5. Verify your business name and city.
    6. Now you can sign in to Google. You will be prompted to accept access between Google and GoDaddy.
    7. Find your listing from the list and select Submit.

I hope this works.

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, TechKnowable, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Resolver VI

Hi, I hope you are doing well. Thank you for joining the GoDaddy community. I think there is an issue with your setting. When you connect your website with your Google My Business account, GoDaddy monitors and provides stats on your reviews and search traffic. By taking ownership, you will be able to manually update your profile details and manage those reviews directly.

1. Go to your GoDaddy product page.
    2. Open your site.
      • For Websites + Marketing: Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
      • For Digital Marketing: Scroll down to Online Marketing and select Manage next to the site you want to change.
    3. Open Google My Business.
      • For Websites + Marketing: From your dashboard, select Marketing > Google My Business.
      • For Digital Marketing: From your dashboard, select Social & Listings > Google My Business.
    4. Select Connect a Listing. (Select Create Listing if you want to create a new Google My Business listing.)
    5. Verify your business name and city.
    6. Now you can sign in to Google. You will be prompted to accept access between Google and GoDaddy.
    7. Find your listing from the list and select Submit.

I hope this works.

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, TechKnowable, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

View solution in original post

This is exactly what I did and it will not connect.