• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Unable to login on FTP client

I recently updated the password to access my ONLINEFILEFOLDER files online. I want to connect with my FTP client but when I follow the directions on GODADDY for the host, username and password - I get an error that says my username and/or password are incorrect. 

I have tried several FTP clients, all with the same results. 

I have searched the forums for similar issues and tried some things like waiting 3 hours for the password to sync and no joy.

I do see some other frustrated people who had hard times accessing via an FTP client but the threads are incomplete like they either gave up or figured it out but never responded with what fixed it for them

What am I missing? I want to be able to mass download and upload some archival files from and to my online file folder storage.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
    Helper IV
    Helper IV

Re: Unable to login on FTP client

@Shoozleboy, Add another FTP account and then try logging in with it. Please let me know the result.

Yeah, it looks like I cannot login to any FTP sites, even anonymous ones. Is that a port issue in the firewall?

Helper IV
    Helper IV
    Solution

May be. Please contact godaddy call support at https://in.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx