• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

Unconnecting from Facebook

Posted this 4wks ago and have no responses to it so I am going to post it again.

When setting up my site, in site settings, connect social, I typed in the wrong FB url.

It has accepted it as being good. But it is not the correct FB page for the web site I am working on.

So far I have not found a way to delete it in that area so I can put in the correct one.

I cannot have been the only person that has made this mistake.

How do you fix this issue?

Bob

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Unconnecting from Facebook

@Davet102

Did you try disabling the connection from the Facebook side?  Login to your the Facebook account and go directly to Settings > Apps > App Settings.

If you are connected you should see it on that page.  Click the "X" to remove.   Hopefully you should then be asked to reauthorize on the Website side.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I understand what you are saying. But I do not have those rights to the FB account to look at that.

I working on 2 different pages at the same time. Went to add the FB URL to the Site Settings>Connect Social section. I typed in the FB URL of the other page I was working on. When I realized I did that, I could find no way to delete it. I have even tried adding the FB App to a page and going into Settings on it and pasting in the correct FB URL. When I do that it tells me that it is an invalid FB URL when it isn't. I think it compares what you type/paste in to what you put into Site Settings> Connect Social and when they don't match it is an invalid FB URL. All I want to do is to be able the change the FB URL in the Site Settings> Connect Social section and I think everything will work them. But as of right now I can't find a way to do that.

Bob

Super User II

@TwinsburgHS   Well, if you are not an admin of the FB account you cannot change settings.

Are you using GoCentral?   If so just putting the cursor in the Settings > Social Accounts > Facebook field and simply backspacing and replacing should work.

If not GoCentral -- what is your site built upon?

Judith

Highlighted

I have tried that and it will not let me change that information.

I am using GoDaddy's Business Website Builder.

Bob

Super User II

@TwinsburgHS

Something doesn't make sense.  You should be able to update that info.  Being I don't use that product I am at a loss to help further.  I would give GoDaddy support a call and run this by them.

Judith