• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Unwanted Open Graph Meta Tags (Facebook) - Website Builder

I added OG Tags in the Site HTML in the Head so that Facebook will pull the Image and Description that I want. Issue is when I set the tags and checked it in the Facebook debugger it was only pulling a few of the tags and gave me an error that stated there were multiple values for a given property. So i checked the code using Firefox's inspector and found the additional OG Tags. I am not sure where they came from but I am looking for a way to get rid of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @MidnightMetal. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I'm going to guess that you're using our Website Builder. Website Builder automatically adds some OG tags based on the template you use. There is no way to remove these, so the best thing to do would be to work within the theme to modify the information that is being used. 

For the site image, I've found this is often the first "main" template image for the site. In the case that you have a slider, replacing the first image in the slider will usually make that image the one that Facebook uses. The site description is generated from the description field found in the Search Engines tab within your Site Settings. I've included some images below. 

themeOGimage1.jpg

themeOGimage2.jpg

themeOGimage3.jpg

themeOGimage4.jpgHope that helps. If others in the community have additional tips, it would be great to see them here!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.