• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Uploading Videos?

How do I  upload video files directly to my site? TIA.

7 REPLIES 7
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Uploading Videos?

Hi @TPO_DVM,

Welcome to the Community! Here's a Help article that explains how to upload a video to GoCentral/Website Builder. Hope this helps. Take care!

Rachel

Highlighted

Hi Rachel, 

Is youtube the only way to post videos on website builder? If yes, does GoDaddy offer another type of website which allows me to upload a video NOT connected with youtube? (eg: Word Press?) 

One more question... If the answer is WordPress, can someone from GoDaddy assist me in transferring content? Or is that relatively easy to do on my own... 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @ScreenshotBoogi,

As the reference article I mentioned in the above post, you can also use Vimeo as well as YouTube. You can certainly try using WordPress. If you're interested, we do have a team at GoDaddy that builds websites. You can check out our services here https://www.godaddy.com/websites/web-design. All the best and I hope you're able to create an awesome website to promote your business. Take care!

Rachel

GoDaddy - you need to provide a solution for your customers where we can upload videos without URL links.  Come on...its 2019 and Wix does it and so do other providers...

we need to be able to upload videos from our phones directly to the website

New

I've been watching for this update all year. What's the hold up?

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. We are actively looking into this right now. It is part of our roadmap. We should be able to provide updated timing in the next 1-2 months. We will come back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Yun, Product Manager GoCentral

New

Thank you. We really need it improved so we can load directly from our
    phones. I managed to spend significant time figuring out how to upload to
    youtube and then to my site.
    cjcme