• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Use Wordpress instead of Website Builder

Hello!

My current site was built using Website Builder - which I would like to convert to use WordPress.

I have redesigned my website on my local computer to use WordPress and would now like to setup my hosted site to use WP and upload the content from my computer.

I was going to use this link to follow but I don't see options to Manage Website Builder and don't see anything in regards to installing WordPress.

Does anyone have any step-by-step instructions on how to do this with the current version of GoDaddy?

Thanks

Dan

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Use Wordpress instead of Website Builder

Hi @DanTSearle. There is no direct way to change your Website Builder account into an account that can host WordPress. What you'd want to do is purchase a hosting platform that can host WordPress and then upload your new site to it. Since the site is built on your computer, you'd have to do this manually. I'd recommend either a cPanel account or a Managed WordPress account. You can contact customer care to find out if your Website Builder plan can be refunded. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.