• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Using New GoCentral Website with Old GoDaddy Domain

I was not sure if this constituted as a "Domain Transfer" or not.
    Apologies to start, because I'm new to GoDaddy though I'm familiar with how web development works.

EDIT: I should probably mention I'm using the latest GoCentral Website Builder

Essentially, I purchased a domain and I made a website for it under that domain but then I made a new website design but I did not understand that that means the new site has to be under a different domain. I'm not sure why this is like this, but basically what I'm trying to do is take the new design and apply it to the domain I bought. I don't know why this is so difficult to do. When I try and publish the new design it asks me to purchase a whole new domain and I can't seem to "connect" it to the one I bought. And when I tried to just change the theme of the old site, it would only let me go so far back. I couldn't seem to change the base template that you choose from when you start creating a website. I hope I explained my problem well enough, and I do hope there is a simple solution that won't require me to buy my domain again. Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Using New GoCentral Website with Old GoDaddy Domain

Hi @AstroSpaceMoth. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! I moved your post to the GoCentral board as it makes more sense here. 

To me, it sounds like you started a second free trial of GoCentral, but your domain is still associated with the first. In order to move the domain to the second account, you need to remove it from the first. The most common way to do that is to cancel the GoCentral account it's attached to (not the domain itself, just the website plan). If you'd rather not cancel the other plan, you can use the same steps to update the domain for the plan, but just choose the free URL instead. Once the domain is removed, it should be available to set up on the site you want it on. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.