• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Using a Staging Website

Couple of questions:

1.  Want to create a new multi page site with different theme, pages, content to replace a current single page site, can this be done via the Staging site option? (Understand any changes made to existing site, while I am working on new one will have to be added manually to the new site, if I want them included on the new site) .....And I have the deluxe wp option.

2.  If this is not possible via the staging option, could I just create a sub-domain and create the new website there with a different theme, etc?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Staging Website

Hey @dankwest1947. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! A staging site can be used to create a new site and then push that site to the live version once it's done. When you create the site, you'll have the option to pull over all your content or just it's theme and design (assuming the one-page site is what you have in your production environment). Once you do that, you can change it however you like. When you're ready to make the site live, you just have to sync the changes and choose to overwrite what's in your production environment. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Staging Website

Thanks for the Info....

So I'm basically starting with a blank slate, new theme, new content across multiple pages....the site does incorporate woocommerce, so those pages will remain the same, but everything else will be new, so If I understand you correctly, I can just delete what I don't want to use in V2, add a new theme and go for it!

Thanks for the reply!