• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

WARNING - Don't use godaddy they are not a good comapny

I have used Godaddy almost 20 years and they are total crap now! They jack the rates on everything to a point where you get crap products at very inflated prices and the only thing that works is auto bill..  they phased out a very stable Linux hosting I had for years and told me I had no choice but to migrate every single site by hand or pay them crazy money to do it for me.. so I did I got Cpanel hosting and migrate every single site myself because the product the bill me for is junk and doesn't work and they didn't offer any support for it.. fast forward through this sloppy mess of sites and domain to the new and improved premium Cpanel.. that cost a ton and you will need all the upgrades for it to actually work and they start at 1 third of the price of the service, and once it is established there is no way for you to downgrade and if you talk to their support they will tell you they are not a lawyer and cannot downgrade it either because.. oh let no bs here THEY ARE GREEDY! so to keep all those sites you've invested in you need to pay 4 times as much now .. but no your not in a contract which means they change the terms whenever they want and when they decide to nickle and dime you, guess what, your legally SOL  user.. Not to mention even after they do extort the money from you their stuff doesn't work in many regards.. you get white pages, crashed sites, unlimited bandwidth my nuts, talk about false advertising, but good luck proving it.. If you have money you want o throw into a fire then godaddy is your host, because you will have 0 traffic, 0 support, 100% bill a

7 REPLIES 7
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Re: WARNING - Don't use godaddy they are not a good comapny

Hi @OldWebmaster

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear about the frustrations with moving over to the Linux cPanel. You are correct, we have phased out our older grid shared hosting environments for the more modern industry standard cPanel environments which does require manual migrations of the sites. 

In most cases, migrations should work smoothly but some websites that involve databases or older unsupported scripting languages may need special care when moving over to a new environment.

As I understand you have decided to move your hosting to another provider. We are sorry to hear that you are leaving us and hope that your transition goes smoothly. Thank you so much for being a valued customer for so long.  Please contact us if there is any way we can be of assistance through this process.  

Best wishes!

-Techfly 

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi @OldWebmaster,

Did I really just read 313 words in just sentences?

I think your main message here is related to price. Let me tell you a short (as in sentences as well as content) very true story.

I built a website for a local cafe, it was my very first (Smiley Happy) and I wanted to please them. I went and installed the very latest Adobe suit, as they were wanting a lot of design and graphics. The site was beautiful. The 1940's music they chose would play as you switched on the gramophone in the corner, the colors scheme was actually matched to their decor. It really was a little beauty. But.......

They hadn't really been listening to me when I was describing everything to them. Whenever some new customer came into the shop, up the would jump and be all over them.

When it came to my very modest fee and I told them it was short, as they had forgotten the hosting fee's. Well they flew into a rage, accused me of ripping them off and pretended ignorance it seemed to me. I explained that someone had to host their site. They expected the hosting to be included in a £360 site all in, tax and all. I had spent over a month building it. I have since realised that a good developer can easily earn this in a few days (Wordpress doesn't count as a developer...sorry).

Getting back to the story................

So, the hosting was a mere £5 per month at the time. I certainly wasn't going to pay it. The very, very little I had profited (Adobe is contracted for 12 months a pop) would soon have been eaten away.

I tried to reason that the hosting was less than an extra cup of coffee a week!! That's all they had to sell to cover it... But no, they refused to pay so I had no alternative than to shut down their site!

I was so sad for three reasons:

1. Their stupidity and stubbornness.

2. Their unbelievable meanness and ingratitude.

3. Their beautiful site (my first....sob) was destroyed because of one measly extra cup of coffee a week!

....... and that's a true tale. They still don't have a site by the way. 

The moral of this tale is that now I insist on a Terms & Conditions agreement. Secondly that all users of Godaddy are doing exactly the same. I don't force anyone to sign mine (they won't get my services without it though), and Godaddy don't force anyone to agree to theirs (You won't get their services without it though). 

On signing up you agree to the terms. You can't then complain about those terms. Pricing policy is included into those terms, or not. 

Anyone having or providing a service without terms is asking for trouble later on. Fact! But signing them is your choice.

RE: Your response to Poster in re: use of Godaddy and Terms/Conditions

A) Well-written.  Engaging enough to make you want to know the outcome. TYou

B) Couldn't have said it better.  Have been w/ Godaddy 16 years.  Not quite 'jump the shark,' not quite what it used to be, although security still seems first-rate.  Bottom line, "Ye get whatchye pays for," and Terms/Conditions lets us choose in advance. 

Rarely commenting on much of anything the past few years, in view of lowest common denominator being the median, was worth signing in to acknowledge your thoughtful post.  Well-said, really.  Supercharged energy to you. :-)

Helper V
    Helper V

RE: Your response to Poster in re: use of Godaddy and Terms/Conditions

@OldWebmaster,

Thanks for your post...

I think every Company in this World has ups and downs!, However what does matter is how a company handles those ups and downs and learns from it...

https://aboutus.godaddy.net/newsroom/Fact-Sheet/default.aspx

The fact sheet proves that GoDaddy is definitely one of the best companies...

I don't think that a Fake operator can survive in IT-Industry...

Hope this helps

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

Re: RE: Your response to Poster in re: use of Godaddy and Terms/Conditions

good damage control but I stand behind everything I've said.. lost half my products and work because of godaddys shady business practices... nickle and dime you to death, jacked rates.. hosting that is insufficient or not supported, but you can pay more to make it work.. pshhh.. godaddy is junk.. furthermore cpanel hosting accounts are on some junk server too and it never gets indexed correctly and hurts your ranking on the search engines... If you want to see a good host in action check out https://pantheon.io I send all my clients there, THEY ARE THE BEST!!! 100% uptime, no white page crap if your site gets a lot of hits... scalable, supports development not price gouging .. all my sites on there have been total rockstar stuff, never hacked, never down, served super fast with top of the line nginx servers..   if your going to pay godaddy prices to try and launch a good site use a good host such as pantheon or you will waste tons of time and just end up looking bad with godaddy.. that's been my honest experiences. 

Helper V
    Helper V
    Solution

Re: RE: Your response to Poster in re: use of Godaddy and Terms/Conditions

@OldWebmaster,

Thanks for your reply...

I don't know about Pantheon!, but I can provide a few GoDaddy features;

GoDaddy has 9 Data Centers operating across Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Los Angeles, Chicago, Ashburn, Virginia, Amsterdam, Singapore, and more coming up...

GoDaddy currently has 55,000+ Servers...

The network providers are Tier-1 and Tier-2 companies...

The white pages or internal server errors are mostly cause by a buggy plugin, theme, or script...

Hope this helps

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA
    Helper I

I am new here and i am just testing if this place would work for me. So i have at least a month trail to see if this would work for me.

What i read here is a lot of annoyed words. SO GoDaddy, you BETTER do GREAT work for the new customers.

Alex Lits