• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Want to add a video thru YouTube but get a bunch of videos I don't want

I want to add a video...(GoDaddy Website) I tried to add it thru YouTube but  then when you play it it continues thru a WHOLE BUNCH more of youtube videos I DON"T want on there......I just want MINE...how do I change it to just show my video and not continue with YouTube

13 REPLIES 13
    Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI
    Solution

Re: video

There are a couple of ways to fix this. One is to manually edit the HTML that is the link to embed the video. You need to add &rel=0 to the embedding string.

If you don't want to mess with the code, you can go back and re-grab the embedding code from YouTube. When you click "Share" and then "Embed" you will get the embedding code. That's probably what you did before. But make sure to click on "Show More" -- there is a checkbox for "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" -- and you may have had that box checked. If the box is UNCHECKED, the &rel=0 code will automatically get added to the string.

Re: Want to add a video thru YouTube but get a bunch of videos I don't want

I added &rel=0 to the YouTube URL in the YouTube Settings box, and it seemed to take, but after I saved and went back to check, the URL was the same as it was before, with no &rel=0 at the end.

How can the URL be changed and the change saved? I'm using the current website builder and not v6.

Trying to eliminate the "suggested Videos" that pop up on my site at the end of my embedded Youtube video:

Neither deselecting the "suggest videos" nor copy/pasting the code to GoDaddy worked with my site.  For some unknown reason, GoDaddy is restricting the number of characters to a number less than is required to add the ?rel=0 to the HTML.  I struggled with this for hours today, after fretting over it for months, and finally devised a workaround:

In Web Builder, on the big menu of features, instead of selecting "Youtube," just select "Button" / right click on the button to "settings"/ "forward to" and type in your youtube HTML path with the "?rel-0" ? / and save.  Then to title it, I just added text above my button that said "View Video >".  (And if you place text over the button, your visitors' select button will be partially obscured between the button and the overlying text- so I positioned the "View Video" above the button).  There is also separate text within the button in "advanced features" and it displays some code.  So I made the text within the button the same color as the button to hide the code- with white text outside the button).

I also made the more of a red square with rounded corners and the letters above it in white (to resemble Youtube's logo).

- I hope this helps others with this stupid, unnecessary and frustrating problem with GoDaddy.

Mark

www.PistolMask.com

Advocate VI Advocate VI
    Advocate VI

Sounds like you figured out the workaround, given limitations with GD's website builder (which I do not use so did not know about).

Tried the button workaround, but got a YouTube "not available" error. So the source of the problem is the fact that GoDaddy doesn't provide enough code space to add ?rel=0 to the end of the URL. Any chance this will be rectified?

I found a way to put my YouTube video on without the suggested videos at the end AND without a button. Instead of adding YouTube to your page, click the add <html> and it will open up a black html box. Replace the words on the black screen with the embedded code from YouTube. VOILA! You do have to be sure that on YouTube you have the "suggested videos" DESELECTED first.

Ok

@DaleEHouse wrote:

I want to add a video...(GoDaddy Website) I tried to add it thru YouTube but  then when you play it it continues thru a WHOLE BUNCH more of youtube videos I DON"T want on there......I just want MINE...how do I change it to just show my video and not continue with YouTube

Well this has been driving me mad as well over the last day, so this morning I tried something different....I clicked the embed box and deselected show more video's, and then copied the new html code....only this time when I went to paste it onto my website I noticed that when the html box opens up for me to paste the code in, it always starts on line 2.....so this time I made sure to paste it at the very top of the box on line 1, and voila it actually worked....I hope this helps someone else as it was driving me mad lol, I don't know why I didn't realize it was pasting it in on line 2.

New

"I found a way to put my YouTube video on without the suggested videos at the end AND without a button. Instead of adding YouTube to your page, click the add <html> and it will open up a black html box. Replace the words on the black screen with the embedded code from YouTube. VOILA! You do have to be sure that on YouTube you have the "suggested videos" DESELECTED first."

But how can  you get the video to autoplay with this method.

Show suggested videos when the video finishes. Un-check

Show player controls. Un-check

Show video title and player actions. Un-check

Enable privacy-enhanced mode. Un-check

all worked great on my website.

Re: Want to add a video thru YouTube but get a bunch of videos I don't want.....

Wow...... I am gonna try that.....shall let you know later how it goes.....great info thanks

Product Team
    Product Team

Re: Want to add a video thru YouTube but get a bunch of videos I don't want.....

Hi All, 

This is an issue we are actively looking into. Just a quick update:

• For Youtube, before 9/25/2018, suggested content can be disabled by setting rel parameter to 0 in video url. With the change post 9/25/2018, if the rel parameter is set to 0, related videos will come from the same channel as the video that was just played. We are working on setting rel=0 as default for all youtube videos this summer
    • For Vimeo, you are allowed to customize their video end screen and remove "More videos" through Vimeo’s video setting page https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007893267 

In addition, we are also actively looking into how we can enable direct video upload to your website. We should be able to provide updated timing in the next 1-2 months. We will come back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Yun 

Product Team
    Product Team

Just a quick update. Default youtube link to rec=0 is live. Now after playing the video, you will only get recommended content from the same channel.