• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Web builder 7 blog

So I have made a couple blog posts, I am new to this and I noticed that there is no interaction. Meaning, I can ask a question in my blog for the possibility of a response, but there is no way for a reader to respond. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to make it where people can interact?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Web builder 7 blog

@overkill512

I've been at this over 23 years and I still learn something new every day. 😉   Yes, learning new things can be frustrating, but there really is no way around that.  All of us have basically two choices, we can learn to DIY or hire a helper...

What started this journey is GoCentral was limiting what you wanted to accomplish, right?  Website builders like GoCentral are great for beginners because of their user-friendly interfaces. Most feature templates and drag-and-drop editors that make it uber simple for anyone to set up a website. 

The downside is that while builders easy to use, they are not as flexible after you build a basic website. They are a great solution for quickly churning out a simple, aesthetic website.  

While website builders are user-friendly and cheap, they come with their limitations. Primarily, you only have the options offered and without access to your website’s code, customization options are limited. You will have much more flexibility when it comes to adding functionality to your website because of WordPress’ comprehensive plugin ecosystem

It really doesn't get any easier than WordPress if you want to have total control, flexibility and all the features you could want at your fingertips.  WordPress may not be as beginner friendly, but it’s easy for most beginners to grasp.

You can search for any topic about WordPress and find how tos, videos and info (got a bunch on my site that will help you get going) to learn anything you want about WordPress. 

Push through the learning curve and you'll be glad you did -- you can do this! 😉

Judith
    "If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User I

@overkill512

You are not doing anything wrong.... Comment functionality, from what was advised in a previous thread, is on the drawing board.

You can keep up with new functionality by checking this page.

HTH! 😉

Judith

Highlighted

I am new to this site building jazz, and the blogging. But it seems kind of stupid to have a blog option with no functionality. So I started a Managed Wordpress, and that is a PITA. 

Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

@overkill512

I've been at this over 23 years and I still learn something new every day. 😉   Yes, learning new things can be frustrating, but there really is no way around that.  All of us have basically two choices, we can learn to DIY or hire a helper...

What started this journey is GoCentral was limiting what you wanted to accomplish, right?  Website builders like GoCentral are great for beginners because of their user-friendly interfaces. Most feature templates and drag-and-drop editors that make it uber simple for anyone to set up a website. 

The downside is that while builders easy to use, they are not as flexible after you build a basic website. They are a great solution for quickly churning out a simple, aesthetic website.  

While website builders are user-friendly and cheap, they come with their limitations. Primarily, you only have the options offered and without access to your website’s code, customization options are limited. You will have much more flexibility when it comes to adding functionality to your website because of WordPress’ comprehensive plugin ecosystem

It really doesn't get any easier than WordPress if you want to have total control, flexibility and all the features you could want at your fingertips.  WordPress may not be as beginner friendly, but it’s easy for most beginners to grasp.

You can search for any topic about WordPress and find how tos, videos and info (got a bunch on my site that will help you get going) to learn anything you want about WordPress. 

Push through the learning curve and you'll be glad you did -- you can do this! 😉

Judith

View solution in original post