• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Website + Marketing 'Subscribe' (in site) Not adding to Email Marketing

I have searched all over to try to figure this out. But...

I have set up a 'Premium' site under the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing product. I inserted a 'subscription' form in the site builder. When people enter their email it goes to a subscriber list under the 'Websites + Marketing' product and in the 'Marketing' drop down under 'Email'. 

From everything that I have read, to make 'Autoresponder' emails to subscribers you must use the 'Email Marketing' product (which I upgraded to Pro) -> go to Manage -> and you can then make a 'subscribe' form there to place in your site. And the emails submitted through that form will show up in the 'Email Marketing' section subscribe list where you can set autoresponder emails.

My contacts that I got from the generic form in the 'Site Builder' are not auto added to this 'Marketing-Pro' product contacts/subscription list. 

I like the look of the generic subscription form from the GoDaddy 'Site Builder' but how, without doing it by hand, do I get those subscribe submissions automatically into the GoDaddy 'Marketing-Pro' subscriber list to make an autoresponder email to welcome them?

(silent scream into pillow)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

@MHodge 

I'm going to ask a few questions to see if I can help you out with this one.

Did you set up a list in email marketing specifically for your subscription list?

You're sure you have the contact form configured correctly to add new subscribers to the list?

Here are some guides that are pretty good at getting you going. If you haven't had a chance to look at them, I would. Lots of good info in there that might answer other questions, too.

One quick solution that I believe would give you the desired result you want is to embed the subscribe widget via HTML. The downside to that is it's not as "pretty" as the integrated block.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

@MHodge 

I'm going to ask a few questions to see if I can help you out with this one.

Did you set up a list in email marketing specifically for your subscription list?

You're sure you have the contact form configured correctly to add new subscribers to the list?

Here are some guides that are pretty good at getting you going. If you haven't had a chance to look at them, I would. Lots of good info in there that might answer other questions, too.

One quick solution that I believe would give you the desired result you want is to embed the subscribe widget via HTML. The downside to that is it's not as "pretty" as the integrated block.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

We need marketing. I need to is it safe for email marking for ( Best Movers and Packers in Dubai ) my current website. 

@MHodge I came here searching because i have the exact same problem!  Plus, when i tried to embed one of the email marketing forms back onto the site, it gave me an error and wouldn't display it 😞  Seems like they should have an easy way to integrate the two products so the workarounds aren't so clunky!