• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Website builder resizing photos

I am having trouble with the GoCentral website builder resizing my pictures. On the Resources page of my website finishthepumps.com several of the pics have been stretched much larger than the original pic. The objective is to have all the pics on that page approximately the same size but no matter what size pic I upload, some are displayed stretched. The sizing slider bar is already as small as it will go. I have a photo editing program that I can resizing in before I upload them but the website builder seems to have a mind of its own! Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Webbuilder resizing photos

The images have different aspect ratios (width to height comparison).  It looks good with a balance where they are about the same size.  It wouldn't be possible to make them the same size as is, if that is the look you're going for they would need to be cropped to all have the same aspect ratio.

New

Thanks for your feedback!

I actually went in yesterday and made all the pics the same size (300x300) by adding dark background to the edges of the ones that do not fit a square format. Even with every pic the same size, when I inserted some they were displayed as stretched, i.e. the Mary Catherine Brooks pic was stretched at 300x300 so I played around with it and it displayed best at 388x396. Even when I went with a smaller pic on the same size canvas the program would crop and stretch the pic. I can live with the result I have by resizing all the pics, but would rather understand the tool I am working with so I do not have to do that in the future.

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

The websites are responsive so images will automatically scale to fit the space allotted depending on screen size of the visitor.  The images are also compressed and optimized for the web when uploaded to speed up the site.  So it would generally be best to start with the largest it would appear on the site as the computer can easily shrink the picture to fit, but it would be stretched out to make it larger.