• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper II

Website developing

Tell me, out of interest, who on here knows everything about developing websites?

Damo

"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all." - John F. Kennedy

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Website developing

I love the Kennedy quote @damouk23, it's very Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Reading your query the quote that came to my mind is by David T. Freeman "The more you know, the more you realise how much you don’t know — the less you know, the more you think you know.

Nobody knows everything about anything. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Helper II

@rdwrote:

I love the Kennedy quote @damouk23, it's very Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Reading your query the quote that came to my mind is by David T. Freeman "The more you know, the more you realise how much you don’t know — the less you know, the more you think you know.

Nobody knows everything about anything. 

Wow, @rd, you're the first person who's ever mentioned my quote.  I think that it was a very well and truthful quote and thinking how this world is going with computers, the computer may overtake mankind.

So, I'm guessing that you'd like to know why I posted something which is very encrypted?  Well, I'm having problems with my website and would like some advice, or help, in getting it right.  I am creating my own site from scratch and it's almost perfect, but I have decided to use Flexbox, as well as the other languages/markup, like for example, HTML5, CSS3, JS, and Bootstrap.  If you look at the site, you will see that the footer on the index page, isn't quite squared up to the edge and the Facebook, Twitter and email logos are squashed together.

Do you know what that could be caused by and how I rectify it??  Any help would be appreciated.

In advanced,

Damo

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Hitchhiker's Guide suggests that the world is a computer and we're all parts of the program trying to find out the question. 

I went to camp when I was much younger. A camp counselor gave the advice that one should never dive into an unfamiliar body of water headfirst because you never know how deep it is or what is at the bottom. I mention that because I see coding that way and I can't swim very well. I took a quick look (dipped in a toe) but I can't readily see any issue. I can't even see what you're taking about,  perhaps because I'm using a mobile device?

Seems like I'd need a much deeper dive to answer anything about your code @damouk23 and as mentioned earlier I'm not that good of a swimmer. Perhaps someone else will come in now that your query is less cryptic? Happy coding! 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Helper II

@rd, thank you for that.  Let us hope that someone will come in and help out.

Damo

Helper II

Yay,  Good news!  I managed to sort out the scrolling right problems, but now I only have to get the FontAwesome icons to be a bit more spaced out (well, I could send them to Amsterdam, if they want to be spaced out, but I am mostly thinking of having daylight showing between them)!

forGodaddy.png

Kind regards,

Damo