• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper II

Website doesn't load on Chrome for editing

I cannot load website built on website builder in Google Chrome. Other website using free website builder loads. Why does this occur in Google chrome? I trust my question clear. When I login to GoDaddy on Google Chrome & click on manage a message appears "loading". This message continues endlessly. without loading.

Certainly will appreciate help. In Safari websites can be edited. I cleared all cookies, cache and more from Chrome.

Thanks for assistance  

johnnymargo
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

The good news is it looks like you've already tried many of the standard things I would suggest @johnnymargo? The bad news is it looks like you've already tried many of the things that I would suggest? In the past I have turned off "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" option under the Privacy heading to fix this problem. Since it seems like this is happening with specific URLs you might want to give that a try?

Other than that is just suggest the standard things. I hope that helps? Please come back and let us know what you did to get this working.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

The good news is it looks like you've already tried many of the standard things I would suggest @johnnymargo? The bad news is it looks like you've already tried many of the things that I would suggest? In the past I have turned off "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" option under the Privacy heading to fix this problem. Since it seems like this is happening with specific URLs you might want to give that a try?

Other than that is just suggest the standard things. I hope that helps? Please come back and let us know what you did to get this working.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

View solution in original post

Super User 1 Thanks for the recommendations. I did not locate the exact  "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" you mentioned. In the Privacy heading I found several settings I reviewed and changed. Cannot recall exactly which ones. Never the less SUCCESS and page now opened to allow editing. Appreciate your response and assistance. Many thanks.

johnnymargo

Glad that you got together @johnnymargo. I find that occasionally I will mistakenly add or not add some setting for a particular webpage and it causes some issues. You were in the right area of Chrome Settings > Privacy and Security > more. Also in the Site Settings - View permissions and data stored across sites can also have some specific URLs blocked for one reason or another. Thank you for coming back and letting us know!

user-48-164873#M23160.png