cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Website for non-profit in Uganda - can't accept PayPal payments

Hi All,

I have recently created a website for a children's charity in Uganda, using the Website Builder and Business package. I set up a 'Donate' page, only to discover you can't set up PayPal accounts in Uganda. Can anyone advise me how else to enable payments/donations that don't involve PayPal?

Many thanks,

Lucy

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Website for non-profit in Uganda - can't accept PayPal payments

GoCentral is limited to the most mainstream options.  If you were to find a payment processor that'll work with you the work-around would be to create an off-site link to the transaction page they provide.

Thank you Nate - that went completely over my head! I'm a graphic designer, not a website designer, and I just don't know how to go about adding such a payment service to my site (www.kigeziorphans.org), or if that's something I can do through GoDaddy?

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

It's not a technical answer so I am not sure what part you did not understand.

PayPal is a 3rd party that handles the actual transaction.  As you said they don't work in your area, but you may be able to find a similar service that does.  If so you could simply create a link to the page they provide.