• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

What visitor information does a website built with Websites + Marketing Builder collect?

We are adding a Privacy Policy to our simple website built with the Websites + Marketing Builder. The website consists of static pages with text and images, some PDF-format forms to download, location map, NO contact form (yet), NO protected pages requiring a username/password. GoDaddy Insights feature says it does not have enough data for a meaningful report, so we cannot see what information that feature gathers. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

Hello @FVDS and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. 

GoDaddy uses customer data to tell you how many people come to your website in your Dashboard and help optimize how fast your site loads, among other things. Cookies, or small data files, are just one way to track visitors' movements across a site. Tracking may also be used to track your visitors on your site if you use the Facebook Pixel or a Google Analytics tracking ID.

I am including links with how to assist with adding your Privacy Policy and a Cookie Tracking Alert on your site:

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope this was helpful! I hope you have a great weekend.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Employee

Hello @FVDS and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. 

GoDaddy uses customer data to tell you how many people come to your website in your Dashboard and help optimize how fast your site loads, among other things. Cookies, or small data files, are just one way to track visitors' movements across a site. Tracking may also be used to track your visitors on your site if you use the Facebook Pixel or a Google Analytics tracking ID.

I am including links with how to assist with adding your Privacy Policy and a Cookie Tracking Alert on your site:

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope this was helpful! I hope you have a great weekend.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post