• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

When upgraded to premium version, supposed to get ad credits but don't see them?

Hi Guys

I was using the free version of Website Builder and every time I published an edited page, it would show me an offer to upgrade to the premium version, within which it would tell me I'd get ad credits from google and microsoft to the tune of $100 each if I upgraded. 

So I gave in to the temptation and upgraded... and the ad credits never showed up, I contacted the help agents, 3 of them, and none of them had a clue. 

I tried finding the promo offer again to be able to understand it and... nothing, it appears to have disappeared from the face of the planet!

Now when I try to switch back to the free version, they tell me that my website will be deleted -_-

What do I do? I feel like godaddy scammed me into getting a premium plan and are now holding me hostage to keep paying 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TRIbrahim,

Welcome to the Community!

No, there is no scam. The free ad credits you were promised - listed on the pricing page on our website for Google, Bing, and Yelp - are shown on the dashboard of the Websites+Marketing screen, before you click to edit the website. If you click the "Marketing" tab at the top, you can select "Ad Credits and Offers". 

Once you upgrade to a paid plan, you would only be able to downgrade the plan to the Websites+Marketing Basic plan (not the free plan). The free plan is only free for 30 days and once you move it into an active, paid plan at any level, there is no option to take it out of the paid product listings. (It's in a new category of product listing.)

Please contact the GoDaddy support team if you need help with this option.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @TRIbrahim,

Welcome to the Community!

No, there is no scam. The free ad credits you were promised - listed on the pricing page on our website for Google, Bing, and Yelp - are shown on the dashboard of the Websites+Marketing screen, before you click to edit the website. If you click the "Marketing" tab at the top, you can select "Ad Credits and Offers". 

Once you upgrade to a paid plan, you would only be able to downgrade the plan to the Websites+Marketing Basic plan (not the free plan). The free plan is only free for 30 days and once you move it into an active, paid plan at any level, there is no option to take it out of the paid product listings. (It's in a new category of product listing.)

Please contact the GoDaddy support team if you need help with this option.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post