• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

White Screen for WP-admin

Trying to access "WP-Admin" - I click and get...white screen of death. So I read some articles/community posts first, cleared my cache and history, and now I have no idea what to do because the articles talk about...things I don't know. Some talk about FTP (wha?) or plugin (wha?) conflicts, but they lose me at that point. I'm using Safari. The only other thing I've done to this poor domain was to link my ProtonMail account very carefully using their instructions (it worked; it's working fine on the email side and I can send/receive, no problems so far) in DNS. I don't think I changed the A record, and it matches the A record I find in the settings for the WordPress site thingy next to all of the SFTP and SSH numbers.

How do I get into my WP? Pretty sure I can edit a theme, but white screen of death is useless. Help?

2 REPLIES 2
    Solution

Re: White Screen for WP-admin

Solved this on my own with help from a friend. Solution was to uninstall WordPress and re-install it. For those of you STILL confused (I was), this means go to this lil toolbar in the upper right hand corner of the wordpress page: 

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 2.36.40 PM.pngand click "remove." Scary, I know, you don't want to screw up your domain. But once you've done that, you can go back and reinstall Wordpress like you did the first time. Instead of setting up a theme from there, use your WP-admin button to toggle your theme settings and the white page of death thing shouldn't happen.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: White Screen for WP-admin

Awesome @ndmclain! Thanks so much coming back and sharing with all of us on what you did to resolve this. I'm sure it will be very helpful to other GoDaddy community members in the future. Take care!

Rachel