• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Why was "Fulfill Order" feature changed in Online Store?

For some reason, Online Store's feature for fulfilling and order now does not give you the option of whether to send an email or not to the customer. Anyone know why this was changed? (I'm mainly asking you, GoDaddy...). It worked fine the way it was before. I have a shipping program that already handles shipment confirmations, so I was unchecking the email when marking the order fulfilled in my OS dashboard. Needless to say, I now have to leave my orders "unfulfilled" in my dashboard. This should have at least been changed to a toggled setting in store settings (if people were complaining that they didn't want to have to deal with that email choice popup before)...

3 REPLIES 3
    Helper I
    Solution

Re: Why was "Fulfill Order" feature changed in Online Store?

I would contact customer service about that one. 

New

Did you get an answer? 

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this concern.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  While it is understandable that your current fulfillment arrangement lets vendor fulfilling the order to send the shipment email to your customer. The way we thought ideal experience for your customer would be is to receive the shipment email with your brand and contact details, so they build the trust with the brand and return to purchase more.  This was rationale for removing the option not to send the notification to customer, when an order is fulfilled.   Let me know if you have a strong preference to control the notifications to customers.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, Online Stores