I don't know what these files are that Wordfence found last night and are said to be a critical problem:
This email was sent from your website "XXXX" by the Wordfence plugin.
Wordfence found the following new issues on "XXXXX".
Alert generated at Friday 27th of January 2017 at 04:24:03 AM
* WordPress core file modified: wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-admin/includes/class-wp-press-this.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/class-wp-query.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-comments-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-post-statuses-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-post-types-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-posts-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-revisions-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-taxonomies-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-terms-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-users-controller.php
* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api.php
My site has not updated automatically to 4.72, and I can't get it to update as it says it's all updated. Should I be worried about these file modifications that happened without my knowing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm not familiar with Wordfence but is sounds like you've enabled a function that does not allow file changing. Try to disable Wordfence and see if the updates goes on...
Just in case you're wondering, I'm using iThemes Security on all my WordPress sites.
Thanks! It didn't occur to me that it might be a plug-in issue. I turned each one off until they were all off and still couldn't get the update to show up. But GoDaddy did the update today with Wordfence deactivated. I'll try your suggested plug-in!
Hello @ManojNiroshanaa, if you're still seeing a 404 error when you try to access your products, please test access to your account from another browser to see if you can duplicate the issue. You should be able proceed without seeing the error. If you get the same error across multiple browsers, please reach out to our live support teams so we can run some connection tests with you. Thanks!