• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wrong og:image! How do I update?

My newly-created website contains a default og:image, even though I've uploaded all my own photos for the main content. When I share it on Facebook or FB Messenger, this default image appears in the thumbnail, instead of my website's images. How do I set my own og:image?

5 REPLIES 5
    Solution

Re: Wrong og:image! How do I update?

Hey @apartovi,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Currently there is no method of manually setting og:image tags within GoCentral. However, this is an item I know our developers are aware of and looking to address within future updates. I'll pass your feedback along for additional notice to them of the interest. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Wrong og:image! How do I update?

Thanks for the reply! My site's og:image tag is set to a strange default.

Is there any choice at all, or are all GoCentral sites using the same og:image?

Social Media Graph

For some reason whenever I share a page on social media it pulls in the image and meta description from the home page regardless. I would have thought gocentral could pull unique images and descriptions for reach page on the site vs. the default image and description from the home page. Is this an issue for anyone else? How can it be fixed?

Highlighted

Re: Social Media Graph

Hi 

Has anyone resolved this issue ? I'm calling support but kept waiting on the line forever ..

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Social Media Graph

Hi @LeoAruba. Thanks for posting. There isn't a way to specify an og:image in GoCentral. However, the platform sets one automatically based on the image in your home page header. Changing that image would ultimately result in changing what appears when the site is shared on Facebook. If you have changed the image but it's not updating on Facebook, try using their Sharing Debugger console to scrape the website information again.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.