• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

adding a buy button

how do I add a buy button to a product so customers can add it to there cart

1 REPLY 1

Re: adding a buy button

Depends on what platform you're using.  A number of extensions are available for most platforms.  I use a PayPal shopping cart, for which PayPal generates the HTML code to insert on the pages of my website (which actually are Joomla articles).  Customers can pay using their PayPal account linked to a bank account, debit card or credit card; pay by credit card without a PayPal account; or apply for PayPal credit.  Does cost 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, but that's about the same as a bank merchant account and PayPal offers both buyer and seller protection to boost confidence in transacting business with an obscure website.  Only drawback is PayPal's code to place a "View Cart" option in a menu bar has been compromised but not fixed so spammers can redirect customers returning to your website from PayPal's website; avoiding the spammers requires creating a module to display PayPal's "View Cart" button code on selected pages of your website.

Sorry, just noticed I had ventured into a subforum for a GoDaddy product but don;t see a way to delete my post.  Maybe the information will prove useful to another stray soul.