• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

autoplay feature - Background Video ?!

HI, I'm using the GoDaddy business plus package. It gives me the option to link or embed a video from Youtube or Vimeo but it wont let me display a background video that's on auto play and auto loop. Does anyone have any idea to help with that that?

Thanks!
    4 REPLIES 4
    Product Team
    Product Team

Re: autoplay feature - Background Video ?!

Hi @GGHTx  Thanks for the suggestion. Right now autoplay is not available, but I'll add this as an improvement ticket. It's usually not advised to have it autoplay with sound, so we'd look into having it play on mute until sound is turned on. Also, autoplay is often disabled on mobile for performance reasons. Thanks,

Christine

this is relevant to my interests as well. Thanks!

Is there a way to get the YouTube Videos to autoplay?  That might be a workaround until they figure out the background videos.

Hi

I thought it is possible to embed autoplay videos from vimeo? I have a plus account on vimeo.

I have read that auto mute is needed for Chrome to allow autoplay.

I have tried to autoplay a video in Chrome, IE11 and Edge - none are working.

This is the code I have to run a Telsa 3 public video...

<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/161225080?autoplay=1&loop=1&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&background=1" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe></div><script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>

Is there a test video available from godaddy that will allow me to test autoplay is working, and its not some browser/security/plugin issue...

Thank you