• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

cookies and privacy

Hi all,

I've recently started-out with GoDaddy Website Builder to create my first website for selling my products, but as I'm new to this, I'm finding the world of GDPR, cookies and privacy policies quite a challenge.  I have a few specific questions which I'd be grateful if someone could help me with...

1.  What data do the GoDaddy servers gather from website visitors who access my website? (Eg. IP addresses, date/time, source of access to my website, which pages were accessed, browser, operating system)...anything else or any of this list not gathered?

2. Is this data (gathered from website visitors) anonymised for protection of visitors?

3. Who has access to this data?

4. How long is this data retained for?

5. I read somewhere that GoDaddy has servers in Europe, and so will this data always be retained with the European Economic Area?

6. On the Website Builder in 'Edit' mode, there's an option "Website Performance Tracking" to grant permission to GoDaddy to analyse the performance of my website using cookies placed on visitors' devices.  What other types of visitor data does this gather, and what are the names of these cookies that GoDaddy places?

Thanks in advance!

Student-of-life  

2 REPLIES 2
    Solution

Re: cookies and privacy

Greetings @Student-of-life ,

Wow, if you ever do figure out all the applications and nuances of the GDPR Puzzle, please let me know! Fortunately there are greater minds than me working on this within our company. While we can't be your GDPR Consultant, here is at least SOME of the info you're after.

https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc?pageid=27912

Others may have other pieces to offer.

I hope that helps, or at least informs,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: cookies and privacy

Hi @T-3D,

Thanks a lot for your help - this is really useful!

Thanks,

Student-of-life