• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

gif file problems - Beware: New website builder is a scam

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a .gif file on my web builder. I uploaded the file as normal to my gallery and select it. The file is 2.1mb. Problem is, only the first slide of the .gif shows making it a static picture instead of a .gif

How can I fix this?

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted

Re: gif file problem

Just so you all know. I've spoken to support and the new web builder does NOT support gif files. How crazy is that?

I bought the new web builder, finished my website within 48hrs, then needed to call support to fix the gif issue I was having. I was told that the new web builder does not support gif files and there are no plans to support it in the near future. I was then told I could buy web builder 7 as that does support gif. But, I would not be credited for the new web builder and would need to buy version 7 too. It was frustrating, but I remained polite and asked how would you feel in my shoes? The support worker said he doesn't think like me and he'd be happy to pay twice.

So, in a nutshell. If you want to include a gif on your website, you have to buy the new version, then call support when you have a problem with the gif, then be sold an older version (which isn't viewable when making your initial purchase). When you politely show your frustration you'll be told they don't think like you, like you're some kind of meanie who should be happy to pay twice. Then after all that, and you pay twice (because you need a gif on the website), you have to restart making the website from scratch as the template you used in the new web builder is not available in version 7. Wasting our time, and our money, and get made to feel like crap on the phone.

Oh, and on trying out web builder 7, it's way too much hassle having to completely redesign the website again so I'll have to use the original website and not use a gif on it, even though I really wanted it on. I had to pay for web builder 7 only to find out that's no good for me.

Great job GoDaddy, you've excelled yourselves!

* If any GoDaddy support staff read these forums, my cust # is 13888562 and you can verify that everything I said here is true. Very poor show GoDaddy