Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

how do i add an order form?

7 REPLIES 7
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: how do i add an order form?

@Hadrianna

Need a little more information to help you out with that!  How is your site coded or what platform are you on?

Depends on your setup to be able to advise accordingly.... Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

hello @Muse, thanks for your reply.

i had a website up & running which i built on dreamweaver, but now i can't seem to get past website builder to re-instate it. i don't really appreciate that, but will put up with it for now! i had an order form for buyers to customize their products, vital to my business, but haven't found any options to allow me to do that.

by the way, i am still in the trial period - are more choices available once i subscribe?

kind regards

Super User II

@Hadrianna

Not sure what you mean by "but now i can't seem to get past website builder to re-instate it.".  Can you elaborate?

Website builder is an entirely separate platform that processes the website builder application.  It is not web hosting where you can add/upload other website page formats and do what you want like standard hosting.  You are relegated to what the website builder platform is setup to do -- or not.

If you want to go back to Dreamweaver, you would need to sign up for a hosting account and re-upload all those files to the new account.   I would not renew the website builder trial as that doesn't sound like the platform for what you want to do.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

i did have a hosting account with godaddy where i uploaded my own files. when i cancelled everything to make changes, my domain name remained with godaddy & so i reactivated it, only to find that this website builder application is my only option. if i could get my order form up there i wouldn't mind so much. i have tried to copy & paste the form's html in the appropriate section, but receive only error messages & my website is rather useless without it !

H

Super User II

@Hadrianna

When you cancelled your hosting all those files were deleted with the hosting account.  Files are not kept just because a domain remains on GoDaddy.  At that point GoDaddy was just he registrar of record with no hosting.

Because of this you will have to start all over.   If you want to use your own custom form code, and not the included interface with GoCentral, that would require a new web hosting account where you could upload your own files and code to have exactly what you want.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

thanks muse!

am i to understand that the website builder interface does not include a customizable form then?

i have all files from my dreamweaver site, so starting again is not a problem, except that it is for desktops & not suitable for tablets/mobiles etc. 

if i could find such a form on gocentral i would probably stick with it ! Can you help with that?

much appreciate your time,

H x

Highlighted
    Super User II

@Hadrianna

Never used the "web builder interface" but would be surprised if there was no form included.  GoCentral does include forms -- contact and order forms on the store version of GoCentral.  Whether those forms will suit your needs only you would know.  Builder platforms are limiting and are created for folks who don't know code and just need the basics.

Web builders are platforms -- they generally do not allow the addition of pages of customized code.  If you want to use your Dreamweaver files -- you just need simple hosting (no builder platform) to upload all your files to.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith