Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper I

htaccess error page

Hi there

I have a question that I have been pondering with how to's. For a few years now that I have been moving around in different providers that a couple of them are difficult to fellow. My previous hosting provider gave me instructions how to add an error page on web builder and.htaccess system in it.

On the htaccess code is "ErrorDocument 404 /404.html". Is that the same system on here, or not?

On web builder, they told me to put the error page as hidden. Is that the same thing too?

I recently went on to the help chat and she didn't help me at all. 

Can you help me? And i hope this is chear to you to understand where i am coming from.

Alex Lits
    2 REPLIES 2
    Solution

Re: htaccess error page

Hey @thraki3171,

If you're currently using the GoCentral Website Builder, you wouldn't be able to use a custom .htaccess file for creating your own custom 404 error page. The suggestion mentioned to you from the agent would be a work around for creating such a page in GoCentral, but likely not necessary (unless you're linking to outside content not published within your project) as any new pages or links made within the builder should be linked to automatically each time you publish. 

If you're still looking to create your own custom 404 redirect pages, you might consider building the site through regular hosting plan like cPanel or Plesk which each include tools (as outlined in the articles linked to) for automatically creating the redirect script for you. 

Hope that helps. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper I

Re: htaccess error page

thanks for that. I am considering to get cpanel, but i might have use my own HTML program to do that then. 

Alex Lits